the Rift

Constellations [o]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
All must press forward, accept their fate for reality -- forgive failures. I knew this better than anyone. Since youth, my body had been put forth for the service of others. Leadership. Yar. The days of being nothing more than a foot soldier under the banner of yon distant salt and sand was a fading memory. Being brushed away by the storms of sand and wind -- earth eventually reclaimed all things...even timeless ones.

Fate had been cruel, but also merciful. I sometimes felt the path we walked was not our own; instead the walkways were twisted with oppressions, barriers and the like. They forced us onto a trail of their choosing. Some naive folk called it free choice...

I've found the name for such destiny to be unknown by our language. But it certainly wasn't freewill.

______

Body broke cover, scratchy branches clawed at my fur and feathers. Pieces of bark, bramble and leaves clung as I pressed on down an overgrown trail. When the flood waters had receded, they left an earth full to burst -- weed grew sporadic, young trees sought energy, stretching vainfully for the sun that seemed constantly in shadow. Frostfall would see such younglings gone from this world.

There was always a sense of anxiety in these timbers. Though the soil had been washed, I still felt it within the earth. Like a diluted stain unseen by the eye on a blanket of white, the threads still held hues of misery and telling signs of abuse.

A presence...

Gaze shifts from my shuffling toes to the figure ahead, bound not by wing or horn. A small grin slips to my face, mostly out of habit. "Well met," I called, politely, evenly. These forests were full of strangers, tis hard to know which was friend or foe.

Word count: 304

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Constellations [o] - by iscariot - 02-18-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Constellations [o] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Constellations [o] - by Ophelia - 02-19-2015, 04:11 PM