Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky
C
H
E
S
K
A
Again, her head slanted off at an angle, odd jade eyes examining the tall stallion and his bag of unrevealed mysteries. Perhaps it was full of seaweed or maybe bags washing up out of the ocean were where all the goddamned zephyrs around her came from. It could be full of spiders. Hell if she'd know. Everything in Helovia was mysterious to her.

Cheska was distracted easily by the pleasantly surprising reaction, and soon that familiar smile of mischief was tugging at her. "What bird thing? You mean... this bird thing?" With a stomp of her forehoof, the shadows around her seemed to multiply, rolling and spinning into an avian shape that took flight around them with a single flap of its eerily silent wings. It spiraled upward above them, making wide, lazy circles. "Watch this," she murmured. She squinted hard at the intangible bird before her merest whim split the creature into three smaller songbirds. They flew ever higher, weaving and rolling until they burst into little puffs of smoke. She smirked at him, her eyes dancing. Maybe it was vanity, or maybe she finally appreciated feeling special for once in her life. After all, the stories that she crafted so easily hardly belonged to her. They were made to be shared. This was hers alone, and if she wished hard enough, it almost made her more than ordinary.

Laughing, the mare turned her large head and stubby ears back to the not-dead stallion. "They're my storytelling friends," she volunteered cheerfully, tail keeping a pendulum rhythm.

Isn't it too hot? Cheska blinked at him. "There's no such thing," she announced simply. She felt a sort of odd companionship with him. They were both too stupid or reckless to stay in the shade and she liked that about them. So when she continued, her voice was laced with conspiracy. "It either is hot or it isn't. There're just folks who are too boring to go out in it. I myself... I never let the weather interfere with an adventure." As if she wasn't just complaining about it herself.

In swaying her head around, she caught sight of the open flap just over his shoulder. "Speaking of which... it's not full of spiders, is it?" She stretched her neck toward it, ears pinned back half in curiosity, half to keep out any wayward arachnids.

OOC] I'm so sorry for the wait! I just left this in my drafts and it totally slipped my mind!
Image Credit

◊ please tag Cheska in all posts
◊ full permission is granted for minor powerplays including
touching, placement and superficial injury

Messages In This Thread
Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Cheska - 03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 03-06-2015, 11:31 PM