Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky
C
H
E
S
K
A
I like you. I'm Kipling. She was disarmed, and unusually so, by his simplicity. For a split second, she was reminded of how she'd made her first friends as a filly, when all that was required was mutual appreciation and a verbal agreement and instantly strangers became the best of friends. How many days had she whiled away with a foal who would be gone by sundown? She'd forgotten that it could still be just that easy. At the realization, a musical whinny of laughter came rolling up from her chest. "Cheska," she replied plainly, laughter still dancing behind her eyes. "And I happen to like you, too."

It wasn't difficult to, given that she found conversation coming more easily than usual. It was an odd thing for her to find ease in the company of a stallion. Small miracles, and all that. Still, all the talk of spiders had her tail twitching something fierce.

"Friends? Maybe. But they're not terribly good conversationalists, spiders. And I've tried," she noted firmly, casting a skeptical glance back at the bag. Doesn't look like anything sinister... "That's just what they want ya to think," she murmured furtively, pretending to be joking. Her front hoof turned up a bit of sand anxiously, watching as he maneuvered the bag.

She spooked backwards as three small, dark things came tumbling out. "Heavens to Betsy!" She kept the gentle swear under her breath, and luckily so. What tumbled out were most definitely not spiders. Rather, they looked like... Well, nothing she'd ever seen before. She glanced sidelong at him to see how thoroughly she'd embarrassed herself, getting up in arms over some inanimate chunks of wood.

She didn't bother trying to decipher what on earth the "turtle from the cloud place" was. She'd learned quickly here that she was always going to have more questions than answers. Maybe there really had been a magical turtle from a mystical cloud palace. There's a story in there for sure, old girl! But she tucked her ponderings away for another time. For now, she simply blinked at her cheerful companion and answered the question.

"Well, I sure didn't go divin into the ocean to save em. And I don't see anybody round here lookin for them. I'd say they're as good as yours."

Image Credit

◊ please tag Cheska in all posts
◊ full permission is granted for minor powerplays including
touching, placement and superficial injury

Messages In This Thread
Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Kipling - 03-06-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Leaders of the new school [item discovery] - by Cheska - 03-29-2015, 11:59 PM