the Rift

[OPEN] mareld;

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She trusted him. Not only because she always tried to see the good in others, but because there had been a reason he had been allowed into her herd. Unbeknownst to her it had been because he was imprisoned, but if Queen Kahlua had thought him such a threat, he would have been locked away in a cell, a guard constantly on watch as shackles clasped his ankles. Although she hadn't met the other two royalties as of yet, she figured they had felt the same way. He wouldn't have been free to wander the herd if he posed such a threat, and thus that is what made Myrrine see him as friend, not foe. Besides, she had no idea that the Frostheart was not even a part of the Edge. She hadn't lived there long enough to know everyone just yet.

The tickle of his velvet maw sent shivers down her spine, causing her to escape her inner thoughts and to giggle, pulling away playfully just as he did and looking at him with those soft hazel orbs," They're rather ticklish too. Though I'm sure it wasn't your intention to tickle me." The grin never faded, only widening and revealing a bright glean in her gaze. She was drawn to him, the way he so effortlessly tucked his emotions away into his mind, and how nonchalant each movement was made. At the same time, it seemed like it was stiff, as if he were merely going through the motions. What made him choose to go on auto pilot rather than be himself? Did he not know who he was enough to let him shine through, or was it something much deeper than that; did he not want to? Was there an underlying hate he held within himself that made him feel that if he revealed who he was, everyone would hate him? She didn't know how many lives he killed, or that he was once a racist ruler, all she knew was this man, standing before her with nothing to show on his spotted complexion.

His comment from before finally registered in her mind, and she smiled politely, nodding and looking back briefly at the appendages. As she did so they fluttered gently, a salty breeze whipping against them and her as she turned herself back to face him,"Yes, I believe that's what they are. I think they're a type of swallowtail, but I don't know which kind. I haven't seen many butterflies here, or with mother." Oh mother, how she missed her. She tried to shut out the pain that crossed her expression, but she had failed, leaving a slight frown on her features and a deep sadness in her eyes. She shook her head briefly, as if physically shaking away the pain would solve anything, before looking up again with a bright smile, although it wasn't nearly as cheery as before.

She had mourned over her loss of the adopted dam awhile ago, it being easier with Cerin at her side. She had been a disastrous mess of emotions when they had crossed paths, a weak and fragile soul ready to shatter into nothing. She had been honest with Kahlua when she had said she thought fate had sent her here, away from the only thing that loved her, but it didn't take away the hurt she felt inside. It didn't take away the dreams she'd be in with her mother, only to wake up on the cold ground with no one at her side. Nothing could have prepared her for the loss she had felt when she got sucked through that portal only to realize her only family would never be with her again. She hadn't known what it had felt like to see her father vanish, because he had never even been there. Although she had been confused when her mother birthed her, named her and then left her to die, she hadn't established enough of a bond with the woman who blessed her with her spotted coat. She had been nothing but a memory to her, but Mother had been everything.

She had choked back the pain and tears, had kept a smile because she wouldn't dare let anyone else feel the pain she had felt. There was always going to be pain in the world, hatred and disarray, but she would never let herself contribute in the chaos that was how the world worked. She would fight it, give everyone the benefit of the doubt and offer them only love, because even those with the darkest hearts, still deserved even that. Dark lashes fluttered lazily as she tried to shut away the feelings that suddenly assaulted her, and she could only close her eyes briefly in an attempt to hold back any tears. Sighing deeply, her small chest expanding to the brim before releasing the air and tension within her, she heard his awkward question. Looking back at him she was suddenly attentive, trying to read his gaze and who he was with what little he offered.

How did he do it so well? Was it just practice or was it a gift that had been cursed upon him. Her gaze studied him over calmly, quietly thinking how it all worked for him, before remembering he had asked a question. It was intriguing still, his composure, she would have to pry him on that at a later date. Pausing she suddenly realized, why not ask him now? He had asked her a question first, surely he would think it fair that she ask one in return. A deep hum vibrated in her through in thought, head tilting to and fro for only a moment before a decision had been made. Looking into those stunning blue eyes she smiled once again, soft yet cheery lilt breaking the long silence,"I will tell you, but I would like to have you answer a question for me as well, if that's alright."

The air settled between them, she was expecting an answer from him before she began. Although she didn't find that to be rather fair either, maybe he didn't want to reveal anything about himself just yet. It would be rude on her part to try and push such limits on him, to force him to say what he didn't want to just because she had answered his question. Granted, she couldn't really force him to do anything, he was much larger than she, and most likely had a lot of fighting experience, key evidence being the scars that riddled his hide. She frowned at them upon suddenly seeing them, eyes scanning his marred coat before taking a tentative step forward, attempting to nose one against his shoulder. Would he object? Would he pull away and snarl in disgust because she had wanted to figure him out? Would he do something worse than just pull away? These thoughts hadn't been in her mind when she had began, but now that they were there she hesitated, nose inches from his skin and the air from her nares breathing delicately in his direction.

After a moment tiny crown pulled away, black maw pressing to her neck as she simply looked at him apologetically, before finally speaking her story:

"I was born in a different world than Helovia. I don't know what it's called, I never thought to ask, all I knew it as was a place where I lived. I was born when the leaves turned different colors, and my mother had named me. Myrrine she called me, for reasons I don't know, and before I could ask she turned away and left. I never saw her again. I didn't know what was happening, I still don't really know because it's a little fuzzy, but I remember a grey mare coming around after a day or two of me lying there, waiting for her. She was kind to me, she couldn't speak because she was mute, but her eyes held so much love when she didn't even know me. She took me in and nursed me, I began to call her Mother."

Taking in a deep breath she paused, looking to for any reaction from him, waiting for anything he had to say, before finally continuing," Our life was a simplistic one. She taught me how to play and have fun, and although it was just us, she made every day something wonderful. It was hard communicating sometimes, because she was also deaf, but I still loved her. She was there for me when no one else was. She would write things to me that she really wanted me to know, and that was hard learning too, but she was a good teacher. She always told me to remember who I was, and to love myself no matter what. Even so, I knew that she didn't love herself. I was playing one day-" Now that the memories were coming back they suddenly hurt. It all hurt so much and she couldn't stop the tears and the sniffling and the pain in her chest. She tried to push on but a sob would escape her lips, causing her to look away shamefully, to press her mouth to her neck in an attempt to muffle her cries. She hadn't meant for this to happen, to suddenly be spilling her life story to someone who probably didn't care, and yet here she was, crying softly and opening her old wounds to someone she had only met just before. He was not the only fool here anymore.

"Speech"

OOC:
TAG: Mauja
WC: 1597

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
mareld; - by Mauja - 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: mareld; - by Myrrine - 02-18-2015, 05:11 PM