the Rift

[PRIVATE] we were young,, we didn't care --

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The flood was pretty anticlimactic in Phantom's opinion. Yes, it rained. Yes, it flooded. For a day. One day. Twenty-four hours. They had been run ragged gathering materials for a flood that lasted one. Day. Most of that single day had been spent sleeping and regaining strength that had been spent gathering materials that probably hadn't even been used. The experience wasn't all bad, though, because Phantom had not been partnered with someone who wasn't worth a damn. Destry had pulled her weight, though she had not been without her missteps. That father daughter duo that they had run into, thankfully only once, had not been a shining moment for either of them. It had been that moment that Phantom had wondered if she'd teamed up with an idiot, but Destry had quickly redeemed herself. Her comanion hadn't been so bad, either, which was why she had no problem letting the creature perch on her withers while she slept.

It was all over as quickly and suddenly as it began and they all began to depart the ship. Destry was in much more of a rush than Phantom was and it made the pale mare wonder for a moment if the girl was desperate to be rid of her company. That thought was quickly banished when she found the dark mare waiting for her outside of the boat. She was as awkward as ever, stumbling through what she wanted to say. It reminded her of a fish out of water. ale ears tilted forward and her head tilted ever so slightly as Destry looked to her wing before plucking a red feather. "Doesn't that hurt?" She asked, wondering why any creature with wings would voluntarily remove a feather. She had to assume that it was the same sensation as removing a clump of fur.

"And here's a uh- a gift for you, to show my uhm.. my gratitude for you being so tolerant of me. Especially with that father and his daughter, and my big mouth screwing shit up."

A gift? Phantom had never been given a gift by anyone before just for helping them and in Dorngarrow the only pegasus feathers that were worn were those that were plucked from the creatures after they were killed. "Helovia is a strange place." She said as she looked at the feather then at Destry. What good would a feather do her? Rather than decline it, though, Phantom dipped her head to allow Destry to tuck the feather into the hair behind her ear. "Thank you." The mare said as she lifted her head.

Pantom could not help but chuckle as Destry, once again, became awkward and stumbled over her words. "Yes." she said to placate the girl. "We can be friends, though I have nothing to give you as a show of friendship." She paused for a moment and thought before speaking again. "You can come to the Basin if you need me. Just wait by the sentinels and call for me." Hopefully that would do.

"."
@[Destry]

Phantom

if only the committed will survive
is there anybody here still alive?

Messages In This Thread
we were young,, we didn't care -- - by Destry - 02-18-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: we were young,, we didn't care -- - by Phantom - 02-20-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: we were young,, we didn't care -- - by Destry - 03-08-2015, 07:09 PM