the Rift

[OPEN] Heaven and Earth

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I always thought paws would be much easier to travel on than the flat, heavy ended hoof. So nimble and quiet, paws could catch their prey in a flash and kill it in the same moment. It seemed ever so convenient. Though watching the pup in front of me was throwing questions into my mind about the advantages of paws. Especially ones that seemed all too big for his little body. He fumbled around, pouncing this way and that, chasing birds and rolling around in summer’s green grass. I thought perhaps I could make a hunter out of him, an extension of my own shadow, but he’s young mind strayed all too fast and I found my own lacked on patience. My days were turning into watching him pounce around in a world of his own, a world all sparkling new to him and a world he was disrupting, in my opinion. I used to leave a peaceful life. Oh, how quickly those times were turning to memory in the wake of Tallsun’s youth. I could only pray that this little sprite would calm as the seasons changed and finally my chance would come to drill some lessons into him. I named him after something quiet and unseen in hopes that he would take after it and now, I question my logic.

I wander the Falls whilst he charges around, doing my best to patrol through his racket and ignore his baby attempts at catching things. I always liked the silent night… What have I done to deserve this? The odd grumble incoherently slips from my mouth as I continue on my walk and I’m not dragged from my self-pity until I spot movement by the side of a crashing cascade.

The one with the flicker of fire and the absence of wing I recognized as Africa, the new Earth Medic. I had not had much chance to converse with her, but Midas seemed to know her quite well. Seele used to watch over healers when she reigned, but I am not sure I have enough knowledge or interest to effectively pick out a good medic. Not that I don’t merit the role, a herd with no healer was a fast sinking ship, but my wisdom in this art was rather lacking, to say the least. Perhaps I should stop being so ignorant and learn a thing or two, but for now I am much more interested in the fellow she brings alongside her. He was an antlered stallion that I have not seen cross my borders before; who was he? A new one for the ranks?

I stand in a clearing under the night sky, ruffling my wings in an attempt to attract their attention before calling out over the crashing water. My higher tones reaching out in a curious, but none urgent call. The pup skids to a halt beside me, with ears that seemed too large for his head and a face that looked too mischievous for my quiet taste.

Ghost
All your life I'll tease, I'll torment
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Heaven and Earth - by Africa - 02-18-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: Heaven and Earth - by Tilney - 02-19-2015, 05:31 AM