the Rift

[OPEN] Home is where the...the...oh hell, nevermind
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia's hooves paced along the crystalline edge of the unfrozen lake, breath puffing quietly with her steps. She gazed out at the Aurora Basin, mind full to the brim with thoughts and questions. Why had they tried to steal? What did the Falls have in mind? Why was Midas being so irksome? Where was Torleik? She walked like a woman possessed, tail bouncing behind her hocks and head bobbing angrily. Once lost within the trance of her memories, crawling her way back out was not easy, and she was losing the battle with her sanity rather swiftly.

"What did he mean when he said he served the moon goddess?" she whispered to herself, disappearing into the swirling snow and white clouds with Torleik puffing calmly in the distance. Those clear, blue eyes haunted her memories, holding far too much life to exist only in her head. "Had she given you those marks for a reason? Are you deceiving me?" Ophelia felt her heart sink. The moon goddess had been at the root of all the death, and Torleik served her... Had he served her then?

Tinek frowned from the rock where he perched, trying to gentle pull her from the obsessive thoughts. "He's good... you know that..." the dragon offered in her head, trying to be a voice of reason in the sinkhole of her memories.

"Who can I trust, Tinek? Can I trust him? Can I trust anyone?" she asked, voice breathy in her own mind, pace not slowing with her steady march.

"You can trust me. You can trust those who care about you. Just because you were betrayed a few times does not mean everything out to get you."

Ophelia blinked, jerking to a halt and looking over at the silver scaled beast. She sighed, nodding, trying to clear her mind. "They are getting harder to ignore..." she whispered, feeling her sanity falling away. The pale princess frowned and departed from her well worn path, striding toward the entrance to their land so that she could clear her head in the pristine mountains. Past and present collided with the shudder of thunder as she saw Torleik and Ulrik leader her daughter past the sentinel, the second metal beast still a frame.

Bitter, sad eyes swept over the form of her daughter, the single girl holding so many memories. Part of her heart leaped forward, wanting nothing more than to wrap her up in an embrace and whisper words of 'I love you' in her ear. The other part wanted her to leave so that all she had left of the usage of her body for the Time God's wants was just her memories. She was torn, cracking in two but still holding a pleasant smile on her gray lips. Ophelia moved toward them, her hooves skating across the ground.

"Roskuld," she murmured, affection impossible to keep from her tone - even if she had wanted to. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin." Ophelia's eyes lifted to Torleik's, those blue orbs just as luminous and arcane as she remembered, and s he felt her breath catch in her chest. For a second too long she stared into his face, eyes dancing over his black horns etched with the moon god's promise. "Torleik," she said, his name harder to say than she had "This is my daughter, Roskuld." The stallion knew of Roskuld. She had shared her fears with him once, explaining her existence.

@[Torleik]
@[Roskuld]

There is no ship to bear me hence...
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home is where the...the...oh hell, nevermind - by Ophelia - 02-28-2015, 04:20 PM