the Rift

[OPEN] Home is where the...the...oh hell, nevermind
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The smile on her lips quickly faded as Roskuld’s expression turned to anger, and Ophelia did not understand. She tilted her ears back, a frown crossing her mousy lips as her daughter lashed out in anger. Visibly, she recoiled at the sarcastic words, wincing as they cut her - more painful than any stab wound. Swiftly her eyes descended to the ground, trying to see from her point of view and watching her hooves pace across the graveled road. What did she have to be sorry for?

Ophelia lifted her eyes, narrowing her gaze ever so slightly at her daughter’s display. She understood anger. She understood rage. This, however, was petulance. If she was upset, there were better ways to express that anger, and the pale princess ground her teeth, waiting for Roskuld to be done to speak her peace. Granted, she was not sure the daughter even wanted an answer since most of those questions seemed rhetorical and vehement. Ophelia was not going to tolerate this behavior, not now, and she lifted her shoulders slightly.

The reasons were many as to why she did not bring anyone here, but she had also not taken Roskuld to the other herds either. Was this because of her father then that she was upset? The god-stallion who raped her deserved some sort of fatherly respect? Love? Was she supposed to lead her daughter down his path of selfishness to take what she wanted? No. Ophelia may not have been a good mother, but she had protected Roskuld from many truths – truths that no child would ever be able to shake. Having been barely old enough to understand, Phi had born Roskuld into an uncertain world, war and bloodshed surrounding them in the Foothills years ago.

And she was upset about this now?

“No, it would not have been,” she growled, taking a step forward toward her child. The movement was not menacing, but it was authoritative. “I rescued Mesec from these lands before you were born – saved him from a life of torment where he was told he was ugly because of his wings.” Ophelia’s eyes flashed with pain. “I thought for years that those who resided in this land were evil, fools, but Torleik invited me to see differently.” The pale princess glanced at the strange stallion, wondering what he must think of her now with this creature, loud and rude, as a daughter. “I have not been here long – just long enough for your father to name me a leader, though I have no idea why.”

“You accuse me of not showing you this land, but I did so for your safety based on what I knew at the time. The words spoken to Mesec were unforgiveable, and I did not want you to experience the same.”
Phi swallowed, hard, and she tried to keep emotion from rising to her throat. “You refuse me as a parent. The last time we spoke, you denied my embrace. What do you want from me, Roskuld? I try to love you the way I know how and you run away, but now you blame me for not taking you around the world? Do you want me or not?”

The words were desperate, catching in her throat as tears formed on the tops of her lower lids.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

@[Roskuld]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home is where the...the...oh hell, nevermind - by Ophelia - 04-19-2015, 05:16 PM