the Rift

[OPEN] pH[i] < 7

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
I tried to be the lover to your nightmare

After the events of mere hours ago, Torleik had moved on, continuing his almost aimless traversing of this Ancient Rotunda. This place. This was where Brisa had convinced him he was probably the father of her children - child, he thought, at the time. This was where he'd truly met Ophelia, soaked with rain as she'd been and alone.

Why was he here? What drew him back?

He considered that it might have been the presence of the Moon Goddess herself, given his current tie to her, and wondered at that. Would he feel tied to her forevermore? Torleik was...unsure if he wanted that, let alone could handle it. But if he only felt it while the sensuous female deity was walking about the earth...

He could deal with it, he resolved. The warrior-poet told himself he could deal with anything for a short period of time - even if that short period of time was longer than he might hope. The moonlight still shone brightly down on the ground below, illuminating the ground clearly as it rose and fell before him. Fireflies danced and darted around in the warm air, bouncing and tumbling as if on invisible doldrums.

What did he expect to find here? What could he possibly find here? Peace? Doubtful. One did not simply find peace after resolving to fatherhood only to have it wrenched from you. One did not simply find peace after discovering this by sight of the babes, wanting so deeply in your heart to be worthy, to be good, still aiding one to life, and knowing that nothing you could do would ever tie you to the children or their mother. Maybe that explained why he so doggedly pursued Phi, in a strange juxtaposition to his wariness of loving again.

Little of it made sense to him and the heart was a confusing organ. It rarely listened to the mind, rarely relinquished proper control to the mind either, it seemed. Will was a curious matter. Its lack or presence - what determined it? The Bloodskald sighed and paused, gazing up at the beautifully, brilliantly lit velvet sky, twinkling with a thousand lights. His mother used to say those were the souls of those who were taken up to Valhallr to celebrate with the gods. Those were their bright fires, giving shout to their revelry.

Revelry. What revelry was to be had down here? Happiness was fleeting and misfortune froze out whatever tender shoots attempted to find root in the soil of one's soul.

What was the purpose of life?

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
pH[i] < 7 - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: pH[i] < 7 - by Brisa - 02-19-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: pH[i] < 7 - by Torleik - 04-21-2015, 03:42 PM