the Rift

[OPEN] pH[i] < 7

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
When questions do not birth answers, what can you do?

"Torleik?"

He knew that voice, and for a moment, he believed he was simply reliving a memory, his mind drifting to a time in the past. Irelyn proved him incorrect on that account. Her chitter brought his attention around to his left shoulder and Torleik felt his entire body go...numb.

No.

Why was she here, too?

She asked what he was doing out here and...what could he say? The Bloodskald hadn't any clue. His companion was angrily perched on a rock nearby, her owlish gaze locked on Brisa, feathers ruffled. That brought some amusement to the rabicano, who snorted softly and didn't bother to tell his bonded to calm down. Irelyn was old enough now to make her own decisions in situations like these. If she wanted to be angry at someone who'd hurt him in the past, he would let her - to a degree. She had to become her own little being sometime.

Of course, the memories returned, bidden by Brisa's sudden appearance. The forest. The children. Their wings. He'd helped nurse one to life. Had it lived? It probably had no memory of him. Did either of them have a proper father? Did they feel loved? So many questions that would probably only help reopen the wound if he were to ask them as he wanted. A deep inhale punctuated the moment before he sighed. "I don't have much of an answer for that, I suppose. My bones said wander, and I listened."

Torleik's lambent eyes slipped over the white mare in front of him, studying her. She looked...different. Older, in the way she carried herself. Children would do that to you, he supposed. For just a moment, his jaw clenched. He still didn't understand why she'd done it, and he supposed he never would. It was no matter, and the tension bled from his strong shoulders. Why should he hold on to every little wound? These things would always hurt, but he should be a longship on the sea of his emotions, keel ready to brave the onslaught of whatever waves saw fit to try their best at capsizing him.

"I could ask the same of you - what brings you to this place once more?"

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
pH[i] < 7 - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: pH[i] < 7 - by Brisa - 02-19-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: pH[i] < 7 - by Torleik - 04-21-2015, 03:42 PM