the Rift

[OPEN] We come in peace!

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Two children taking on the world, that's what we're doing! Haruki rides on my back, little claws clinging to my pale hide. I don't mind, though - I know he has to hold on somehow and we make better progress if he rides on top. Besides, I can fly! And though I think he is amazing with those golden eyes and his tails, he cannot fly. So, I will take us both. "Haruki, I'm on a mission." I tilt my head back and speak to him as we fly north. I'm not too high in the air, not wanting to risk dropping Haruki since he's just a baby. And I'm just a youngster, too. Plus, fly too high and the air gets cold, even in the summer when the sun is there to make you warm. But flying is faster, and Haruki is happy to have the free ride. "I want to visit all the herd lands." I don't know very much about Helovian politics, but I gather that they exist. At some point I may not be able to visit all the herds. I don't want to disrupt anything or cause a stir, so why not try to avoid all that by visiting before I am tangled up in bureaucracies and monarchies. Haruki chirrups on my back, but his cheerful and enthusiastic response is nearly lost on the breeze that we create.

What I don't tell him is where we're headed. I've been to the Frostbreath Steppe and the Arch, but not to the snowy land to the west. I guess that it is a herd - the Basin, I've heard of? It's only a guess, but I'm fairly certain that's what it is. As I get closer, the air grows a little colder, and I get colder, too. And tired. I land on the ground and walk toward what appears to be the opening. Haruki bounces on my back, getting excited. Now that I'm on the ground, the weather is quite pleasant. My ears twitch forward as I look up something crazy. Massive horse-shaped beasts guard the entrance. Watchful sentinels, guarding what must be the only entrance to the herd land. "Wow." That's all I can say. Haruki climbs up the treacherous path of my neck, using my braids for stability, and sits between my ears on my forelock. We both look up at the ginormous guardians. A gut feeling tells me that maybe I should wait for someone to notice me here, and not try to move past them. What if I get zapped with laser eyes or something? I don't want to be turned into roast pegasus for someone's TV dinner. That would be not so good, methinks. Haruki cowers against my skull. "Don't worry, we'll wait for someone."

""
Invitations: @[Erebos], @[Aviya], @[Thranduil], and/or anyone else! Posting order is lie according to moi
Purpose: Tempe wants to visit the herds and make friends, because she doesn't really believe in politics. ^_^ So anyone can visit but I do want someone to say hi :P

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
We come in peace! - by Tempe - 02-19-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Saffron - 02-23-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Grimalkin - 02-24-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Hotaru - 02-26-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Tempe - 02-26-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Deimos - 02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Saffron - 02-26-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Grimalkin - 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Hotaru - 03-06-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Tempe - 03-07-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Deimos - 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM