the Rift

[OPEN] We come in peace!

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

This wasn't really how I was imagining all of this would play out, and I begin to tremble. The arrival of the lord of the land - Deimos, Hotaru calls him - doesn't seem so intimidating to look at. He's a black unicorn, rather simple and plain compared to say, Saffron or Grimalkin. But the closer he gets... The air changes, and I begin to quake where I stand. He asks me where I come from, and Saffron speaks up, perhaps trying to somehow give me a way in? "I - I am from nowhere in particular." I say in full honesty, not even fathoming the concept of lies and deceit. Haruki huddles closer to my hooves, and I know that both of us are feeling overwhelmed and, as they speak, rather unwelcome. I didn't know that the Basin was so withdrawn.

I'm grateful that everyone has been introduced, so I can address each of them as needed. I bow my head respectfully to Lord Deimos, as I have yet to greet him. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Deimos." My voice is faint, barely carrying across the air to his dark ears. I move neither forward or back, finding myself instead rooted to the spot. My chest is tight and I feel short of breath. My adrenaline is beginning to kick in, as I wonder if they aren't all going to gather together and run me off. Hotaru seems the most likely the support my visit, and I look in her direction with a plea in my amber eyes.

I look at her, then Grimalkin, hoping that I can satisfactorily answer both of their questions. "I want to learn who lives in the herds, what they do, what they're about. I want to make friends." I'm not sure how to better explain what I want, or how I feel. Why should they let me in? My words now are as much musings for myself as they are explanations to them. "Because I'm honest and goodhearted and nice. Why not?" I don't know of the Basin and their secretive ways, or the racism that runs through several of its members. In my young and innocent mind, I don't understand the fuss, nor why I must pass some sort of test to enter. Why can't a little filly have a visit? "I wanna know what it is, what it looks like..." My voice drops in pitch as begin to doubt myself more and more, feeling ashamed for trying to make friends. I drop my head closer to the ground, my eyelids drooping as I feel like a failure.

What's a girl to do? Why do I have to prove myself to them? What did I do wrong?

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
We come in peace! - by Tempe - 02-19-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Saffron - 02-23-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Grimalkin - 02-24-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Hotaru - 02-26-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Tempe - 02-26-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: We come in peace! - by Deimos - 02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Saffron - 02-26-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Grimalkin - 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Hotaru - 03-06-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Tempe - 03-07-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: We come in peace! - by Deimos - 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM