the Rift

[OPEN] Wasting Time

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

The days are hot. This years Tallsun was an angry one and the heat crippled the trees around me, their branches wilting as they took the brunt of scorching weather. I find lingering near the roaring cascades of water and letting the wet droplets splash against my skin a comfortable place to stand and shelter. I could hardly hear a thing, but it was at least a respite from the wrath of the summer heat wave. The places where it had once been thick with mud were now crusting over into hard, undulating terrain and the grass was turning a shade of dry yellow. Overall, I was not impressed, but Mother Nature did as she pleased no matter how much I grumble under my breath or pray to the moon that she bring some cool breeze to dampen the heat. At least the wolf seemed to be enjoying it. Splashing around in the pool at the bottom and panicking when he got too deep, I did nothing to help him in such moments, youth was for learning was it not? Instead, I watched his carefree frolicking like a tired mother wishing the good old days to return.

Cooler, I shift away from the waterfall and slowly make my way back down the path to join the bottom where the playing pup was, just outside the pool. My eyes scanning the area in search of anyone who may be watching, but none appear in my short glance around and instead I turn to cleaning my wings. Lifting one red tipped one and carefully beginning to remove dirt and other unsavoury things from it. As I do my mind wanders and I find myself thinking of troublesome things like thieves and murders. The whole saga seemed to have died down for a moment, but it worried me how quickly things could escalate, I wonder if my grip as a Czarina is really all that strong. I think of Seele, surely she had more things to teach me or more tasks that needed to be complete, it was like I missed something and it bothered me.

Casting a quick look back to the wolf, I suddenly wish that I had his stress free mind and his frolicsome ways. Why was I not lucky enough to be born to freedom and serenity? Will I always be haunted by something? My life might have been different had I not followed my sad excuse of a parent.

@[Syrena]

Ghost
All your life I'll tease, I'll torment
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Wasting Time - by Ghost - 02-21-2015, 03:30 PM