the Rift

[PRIVATE] Whiplash

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
She didn't know why she did it, why she listened to this (deranged?) owl, this bird that definitely fitted the definition of 'bird brains'. It was peculiar, the way the bird cawed and crowed, hooted and whooped at the clouds. He called instructions, and she followed them, placing her bets (foolishly?) on the old creature's knowledge. The rain seemed only to grow thicker, sheets of it blinding except when illuminated by the thunderous clashes of lightning. Amaris didn't know if she was hot or cold - sweat rolled off her scales and pelt as the rain did, her wings beat fiercely to keep her afloat.

He will come, but who was he? What was he? Questions that would never leave her lips, though her spirit dragon called out, somehow audible over the thunderclaps that engulfed them. Still, the girl was confused, frazzled, and now getting a bit frightened - why was she here again?

Then the owl was gone from her neck, a hopeless speck against a stormy sky. Amaris wanted to follow him, to catch him, but then he ordered her to roll, and so she did - she had done everything else he had said to so far without dying (yet). The lightning scorched the air and singed hairs as it passed her, her mouth filling with the bitter taste of static air. Too close, too close, her thoughts tumbled through her tiara as she executed the owl's wishes, rolling deftly, if damply, through the skies.

When her deep, caramel eyes were still enough once more to focus upon the owl, she saw an amazing thing - the drenched bird, outlined by an amazing, static creature, not dissimilar to the one that Ampere had used against her. She did not hesitate when she saw the way it writhed and coiled, poised for attack - to hurt the owl, her owl, her friend and guide on this crazy, electrified adventure.

So she did as he bid, and struck out with sharpened, hyrbid teeth, hoping to latch onto this creature, this monster, this beast, so that she could save the one who so recklessly danced with her during this storm. As she did so, she began to forget who dragged who out into the static clouds, whose idea was it to fly amongst the lightning and wind?

We definitely won't be telling Tavi about this adventure, she thought silently to the dragon, who was lost somewhere in all the weather.

@[Blu] c:
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Whiplash - by NPC - 02-22-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: Whiplash - by Amaris - 03-24-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: Whiplash - by NPC - 04-06-2015, 12:37 AM
RE: Whiplash - by Amaris - 04-07-2015, 06:49 AM
RE: Whiplash - by NPC - 04-21-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Whiplash - by Amaris - 04-29-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Whiplash - by NPC - 05-03-2015, 06:45 PM