the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Secret Life of Daydreams

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

After all this time, the Thief should have known better than to make mention of Imogen's prowess, to cater to an ego that might have rivaled his own. The kitsune preened beneath his compliments, drawing near and tangling herself around his limbs in an act that he could only deem as showing her appreciation. Her chirps were as much a thank you as he imagined he would ever get, and as if the urge to show off beneath the attention was too much to bear, she exhaled in a puff of smoke, curling forth from her jaws with all the elegance Roland had seen earlier in the Mender's demonstration. He couldn't have helped the need to compliment them, for there was no doubt that they would make a formidable pair upon the battlefield, destroyers and guardians simultaneously. The Thief had no doubt of the terrors that could be wrought by Imogen's paws, no matter her size, though he could not help but find amusement in the brazen display as she stood at his feet.

He ducked his head as if chastened by Lena's scolding, and he might have passed for contrite had his laughter not given him away, bubbling up in his chest and spilling from his lips. "I should have known better," he admitted with a shake of his head, an almost apologetic look cast the Mender's way before he stooped to meet her companion's prideful gaze. "Don't let it go to your head," he murmured sternly, fixing Imogen with a meaningful stare until he could hold his smile back no longer. He had his suspicions that the kitsune's vanity, much like his own, was a flame that would not easily be extinguished.

Lena sidled closer, effectively capturing the Thief's attention, and breaking him from the staring match he was intent on having with her companion. He turned away from Imogen with one final amused glance, raising his head to acknowledge the mare at his side with an air of curiousity. There was no missing the way her eyes roamed across his frame until settling finally upon the circlet around his horn. He resisted the urge to preen just as Imogen had, a playful smile curling his lips as he accommodated her gaze and tilted his head, in hopes that the jewel at its center might catch the early morning sunlight, illuminating it against what were in the Thief's opinion, the finely carved features of his face. "I look rather magnificent, do I not?" He asked her, unrepentant and cavalier, wishing that he could see the circlet for himself.

Her question sobered him only slightly. Relaxing his posture, he lowered his head to her height, though the humored glint in his eyes did not fade completely. Roland's thoughts roamed to his list of not-yet-enacted plans, the seeds of ideas that Lena herself had played some hand in sewing, and a secretive smile crossed his lips, coupled with an enigmatic wink. He turned his face away from her and towards the expanse of land before them, watching the sunlight cascade off the trees, the warmth of a summer breeze heating his golden skin. There wasn't another creature in sight, beyond the birds flitting from branch to branch on the cusp of the sparse forest. The Thief made a soft noise of assent in his throat and looked back to her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I have some ideas for the future," he confessed finally, secure in the knowledge that he would not have to request an oath of secrecy, for he trusted her to protect any strategies and schemes he might divulge. "Things that may draw me away from home for a while, if I am successful. But I know we have questions, and I may have a way to find some answers." While he might have hesitated at the thought of leaving the Basin behind for some time, he would not hide his excitement at having found an opportunity to do what he did best. If things went according to plan, he imagined she would be the first to know of his actions. But before things were set in stone, and without the promise of mere possibility to give him hope, he kept his ideas and ambitions to himself until they could come to fruition.

@[Lena]

Push your luck if it makes you a promise
that turns con men honest.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Lena - 02-22-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Roland - 02-23-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Lena - 02-24-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Roland - 02-25-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Lena - 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Roland - 03-05-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: The Secret Life of Daydreams - by Lena - 03-07-2015, 06:51 PM