the Rift

something that doesn't belong to you (Hotaru challenge)

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The bitch was here. She was hideous, a weird pink tone. I blinked furiously, as if I thought I was seeing things. Was she really that color? I stifled a laugh. How pathetic. Though my lips stayed in a hard line, my eyes danced with amusement as my lids halted their rapid blinking.

My stare was pulled off of her as horses began to crowd around, most of them familiar faces. I noticed the dark unipegasus first. She had been there to witness my frantic attempt at escape from the Hidden Falls. Had she been there to take me down too? If so, she must think of me as some sort of joke. That thought infuriated me. However, that was not even the icing on the cake. Gaucho appeared, also. In his antlers, was a wretched snake, but he had found another creature, a zephyr. I cringed inwardly, suddenly hating the idea of bonds and companions. His words hurt me. He told the others he knew I would lose. Gaucho had been my Sultan merely hours ago. It stung my heart that he would so quickly turn on me. With that, I knew I wouldn't be missed by him, by his real family, nor anyone in that herd. I swallowed hard, pain etching my features for a moment before I tried to collect myself.

The bitch's voice rang out into the air, honeyed sarcastically.
“Looking for me, sweet thing?” she said. I nodded at her, answering her seemingly rhetorical question. She was petite, no doubt agile. Her desert blood was unmistakable. Her horn was proud, she wore it like a crown. My slanted ears flattened against my ivory mane as I snarled at her. The armor I sought to win back unfurled on her body with a shimmer of light. I strode towards the general direction she approached me from, hoping to halt about one or two horse lengths away from her, our bodies head-on-head. She begins to mention Destry, my mouth sets in a hardline, unamused by her arrogant words. Did she believe this to be some joke? It was not about winning or losing now- it was about bruising her body, breaking her bones, and spilling her blood. I was sure she wants to do the same to me, her words dripping with malice.

"I'm sure if she challenged you for it she would be quickly reprimanded by her flaming Sultan," I stated, as if it was some obvious fact a spy should know. Was she truly even that? Nothing about her yelled sleuth, but that fact that she wore a stolen item. Her coat was bold, too bold to camouflage. Perhaps she was manipulative, words sneaky and underhanding, but those would only do her justice for so long. Suddenly, I wished someone who could actually fight (because I was sure I couldn't, my inexperience too obvious) would beat her senseless.

"I plan to do just that, darrrling," I said, emphasis on darling. If she could call me sweet thing, I could call her darling, it was only fair.

I had planned to use my fire magic, but knowing she had been cunning enough to steal armor, I was sure she had an amulet. I withheld the temptation of using it. Instead, this would be a strength and skills fight for me (and I lacked both of those qualities). Suddenly, I had to side with Gaucho. There was no way I would win. Why hadn't this been clearer before? Now I would look like the joke everyone thought me to be.

Recalling all my spars, I decided to use a common maneuver. I would try to lunge towards her and hit her right shoulder with my own right shoulder as hard as I could, all while trying to bite at her flanks. Happy with my decision in tactic, I moved into action.

My muscles clenched and tightened, rippling my ivory hide as I moved forwards. If she didn't move quick enough, I was sure I would be able to slam my 15 hand frame into her equally tall frame. Yet I knew I weighed more. She was delicate and built for speed, whereas I was more durable. I thanked the gods for my mustang blood as I pushed onwards, both adrenaline-spiked and angry. I opened my jaw wide, snapping at whatever was on my right (which I hoped was her body). With all the force I could muster in my jaw, I snapped my mouth shut. I wasn't sure if I had gotten a good bite into her, just because I wasn't focused on the bite. I was more worried about the sword that graced her dramatically feminine skull. Would she stab me? Surely she would. Why would she care about me? I was just scum to her.

Ooc: 800/800 words (1/4) she tries to slam into Hotaru while also trying to bite her

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: something that doesn't belong to you (Hotaru challenge) - by Aurelia - 02-24-2015, 11:40 PM