the Rift

[OPEN] The Big Revival

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
"Are you Evangeline?"

Evangeline had been so preoccupied with watching her companion disappear over the edge of the cliff that she failed to notice the stallion that had approached her. She flinched then turned to face him, her emerald eyes sweeping over his frame. Even though she did not know everyone that called the misty forests home she was sure that she had never seen that particular stallion before. Surely she would have seen him at the herd meetings ... unless he'd decided to skip all of them for one reason or another. "Who are you?" She asked, rather than confirm whether or not she was the mare that he was looking for. Sensing his bonded's apprehension and discomfort, Tallis abandoned his fishing trip and reappeared over the side of the cliff then settled on his bonded's back, black eyes locked on the newcomer and his puffin companion.

"Oh where are my manners m'am. I am Artorius, when I joined the King Archibald told me to search out a mare that fits your description by the name of Evangeline."

A frown pulled at the corners of Evangeline's mouth as it was revealed that Archibald told the young stud to search her out. 'Why'? Tallis asked. "I don't know." She turned her head to look at the dragon. 'Not trust?' "I don't think that's it. If Archibald didn't trust him then he would not have let him cross the border." There had to be something going on, but the orange mare was lost as to why the King would send the stallion her way. The only conclusion she could come to was that she was supposed to feel him out and make sure his intentions for joining the herd were pure.

"Why is that?" She finally asked, her head turning from the dragon so she could look at Artorius. "Why would he have you come to me? Did he tell you anything other than find me? Did you speak to him about a position in the herd?" Maybe he wanted a position that would lead him down the path of trying to spread peace in a land that was anything but peaceful. She had many other questions that she could and wanted to ask, but before she did that she would allow him to answer the questions she'd already posed.

Messages In This Thread
The Big Revival - by Artorius - 02-22-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: The Big Revival - by Evangeline - 03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: The Big Revival - by Artorius - 04-01-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: The Big Revival - by Evangeline - 04-13-2015, 10:44 PM