the Rift

[OPEN] History was made this day

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Earth had chosen his patron who had proved himself worthy: Midas. Through noble actions and leadership, the painted pegasus had earned an honor greater than any had achieved before - until now. The God of the Sun would choose his champion today - one who had proven his worth time and time again and recently climbed to the apex of his power. Such feats would not go unnoticed, and they were worthy of the highest praised.

Fire, billowing strongly in the Dragon's Throat, erupted with the force of a volcano - without heat or damage. The pillar turned night to day over the island, brightening the evening sky and summoning the herd to witness this great honor. A cloak of flame plumed toward the sand, sliding back to reveal the God of the Sun, coat shimmering like burnished gold in the artificial daylight. Cloven hooves danced across the surface of the sand, never once puncturing the dusty surface.

There, he sought Gaucho, his achiever and champion, loyal and humble. A bright smile widened across his lips, and he exhaled a breath of pleasure, uttering the stallion's given name: "Gaucho the Wildfire, my friend..." he said, approaching the bay dun with the gentle sway of dear compatriots. "You have reached the pinnacle of your prowess in battle. I have watched you toil, pushing your body beyond limits and taking injury to hone your craft. Never before have I seen such ceaseless dedication and force of will, and you will be honored for your great accomplishment."

The God of the Sun looked across his expanse. "Look at what you have done here. Look at all you have done for your herd. Everyone has faults. Everyone will fail, but you have built a legacy that will transcend our very history. For that, Gaucho, I give you the honor of Ascended." He spoke, emphasizing the last word with a breathy whisper. Gods, the remaining two, arrived to bear witness. The God of Time offered his congratulations with a simple nod. The God of the Earth warmly greeted him, uttering his honors as well. The Moon Goddess? Well... she was not welcome in their time of celebration.

"Choose, my dear friend. Will you pass along this honor to your progeny? Or will you choose immortality?" The God waited with bated breath for the answer, deeply interested in the more delicate complexities his choice would reveal.

Gaucho first, then others!

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
History was made this day - by God of the Sun - 02-22-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: History was made this day - by Gaucho - 02-23-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: History was made this day - by Ampere - 02-23-2015, 11:43 AM