the Rift

So if you don't rate, just overcompensate [Keidajen]

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Keidajen

The soul of a unicorn is not one that was made to exist in shadow. My heart yearns for the warmth of day. I want to graze where the tall grasses dance for their dear sun, but I am part of the night's symphony. I allow it to make use of the heavy words of my mournful heart and in exchange it accepts me as the day does not.

I stand in the midst of the world I so want to be a part of. I'm painfully out of place but I can still pretend. Wistfully I close my eyes and I imagine myself to be everything but what I have become.

Whenever a voice rings out for a fight my breath stills and a soft whisper of a smile comes before my eyes snap open. It's exactly what I need. I amble towards the stallion who had called out. I want to make him wait. Let him get himself worked up at my approach. Much can be learned about an opponent by how they react to an oncoming competitor. I come to a sliding halt a few feet away from him. "I fight."

I want this spar too badly to wait for his acceptance. With smooth elegance I close the distance between us to cross our horns in a display of respect towards our competition. To touch my horn to his I have to lift my head but I toss my maw into the air with the flair of arrogance. He will not make any assumptions based on my height. If he does he has no chance in hell at winning; none who underestimate me ever do, for it only fuels my fire.

"Fight be fair." My expression has gone serious. With eyes clouded by the ghosts from previous battles I lock my gaze onto his own. This stallion appears so much more youthful than I. He's a safe harbor for a soul never touched by the darkness of heated battle. "I, Keidajen, promise." Would he still take me on if he knew what I'm capable of? After making my vow I step back.

I'll remain fair but I will not be gentle. If a fight is what he wishes I'll give him one. I'll give him a lesson. I will show him that battle is more than brute force. It is a dance and today I will teach him of some of the steps. A smirk turns my stoic expression upwards; I'll also teach him to lose.

Casting a quick glance to the skyward kingdom of the sun I frown at the sight of not a single cloud. Anytime that the sun shines in my face I will be vulnerable but this will be my first moment to prove that I am still the same Keidajen I've always been. I'm a fighter to the core. It's only a disability if it is allowed to be one and I will not allow something as insignificant as an eye pain to weaken me.

Already adrenaline pulses through my veins. Any who pursue the life of a warrior are addicts. I'm one myself. The rush of our oncoming spar puts a spark of life back into my eyes that has been absent since I entered into Helovia. This is the first time that I have felt alive in weeks. I feel the desire to fight in the same way that my lungs crave the air.

I pace back and forth, from left to right, watching him carefully. He's much taller than I and has a body built for speed but his frame lacks the muscular build of my own. He has not had the experience that has shaped my body. I wonder if this is is first fight? Awh, I could be his first.

Throwing my entire body into the motion I launch myself at his right side with my teeth bared. I hope to land an attack where I am able to dance away from him easily. If my teeth meet their mark he will be left with nothing more than a scrape. It isn't much, but I need to be the one to land the first hit.

Our match will be one of speed versus agility. I take my chances and I stay closer to him rather than backing off once more. In a close range spar I will be able to dodge any speedy advances he might make with more ease. My aim is to confine his movement.

A whinny sounds from my mouth and rings out like a trumpet. Surprise slows my momentum. I had forgotten what happiness sounds like coming from my own throat.

A laugh, rusty from little use, bursts free from its chains.

Attack: 1/3
Attack: Keidajen lunged at Kipling's right side attempting to bite.
Word Count: 762

@[Kipling] yeah, I love to be tagged. How about you?

We will be counting stars
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Yew

Messages In This Thread
So if you don't rate, just overcompensate [Keidajen] - by Kipling - 02-22-2015, 11:51 PM