[PRIVATE] a mixture of descent and decay

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I wasn't following him.

I mean, not really. I just wanted to see where he was going. Einarr was, after all, the only other stallion from Father's old lands - or at least, lands near his lands - but whatever geographical distance there was between Einarr and the Sultan, the black pegasi's cloven hooves were the only discernible difference.

So I followed, more so out of boyish curiosity for a creature so like my Father (but with time to spare!).

But I wasn't prepared for this.

He landed like a streak of black lightning, his voice booming a stern no as he used his own body to block that of a vicious looking feline. Part of me wanted to turn back - to fly as fast as I could to the Throat to gather more warriors - but there wasn't enough time. If Einarr needed help, I was all he had. Admittedly it wasn't much, but it gave me the courage to descend rather than flee.

I angled my body to come behind the small filly. As I landed, I used the burning ember beneath my wings as some sort of distraction. I heard that wild cats hated fire, as did many feral beasts, and so while my magic could not produce heat, perhaps the visual stimulus would prove frightening enough. Waving my wings I moved behind the small girl, in awe of the size of her body compared to mine. I had thought myself young and small, but apparently I had done more growing than I thought.

"Shhhh sandi ajjin-" I whispered, finding Father's tongue coming easily to my lips having been prompted by Einarr's cry of rage. "Yer jadat." I figured that if she was as newly born as she looked it would matter what language I was speaking, it wasn't as though she would understand anyways.

I raised my wing as I moved beside her, trying to keep my movements as un-hostile and gentle as possible. I tried to corral her using my glowing appendage, encouraging her to move against my side and with me, as far away from Einarr and the cat as we could manage.

In my haste I hadn't even noticed Histe was there.

Translations

sandi ajjin; Safe now

yer jadat; You come

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
a mixture of descent and decay - by Histe - 02-23-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Mordecai - 02-23-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Einarr - 02-23-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Rhoa - 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Histe - 02-23-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Einarr - 02-23-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: a mixture of descent and decay - by Megaera - 02-23-2015, 10:28 PM