the Rift

[PRIVATE] he drinks damnation

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
He gives a small chuckle at the older one's first words. "Mother believes in training in all weathers. If somebody wants to kill you they're not likely to choose to do so on your terms, so it's best to become accustomed to all conditions." Chances are, a would-be assassin would not be so kind as to wait to try and slay you on a nice sunny day, so it is best to grow used to moving around in rain, snow, sleet, wind, everything. Now his initial adrenaline has tumbled back down, the colt begins to shiver, sweat turning cold on his flanks as his hot skin turns to ice. He shifts from hoof to hoof just to keep moving, his aching muscles throbbing as the brisk wind stiffens and tightens them. Fighting in this sort of weather wouldn't be easy, as the wind would affect balance and the rain would destroy visibility, so the young titan is rather glad he has gained the experience of it and can file it away for the future.

The other stallion moves towards shelter and Volterra follows quite eagerly, fighting to smother his shivers so as not to appear weak. An eyebrow cocks at the black unicorn's declaration, another small chuckle leaving his chattering teeth. "Modest, hm?" he says, his voice lighthearted. He can quite understand the man's words - one day he, too, hopes to be a jack of all trades, a master of anything he puts his mind to. "One day I hope to be a fine warrior, but until I'm old enough to fight I need to get my body in a good enough condition to keep up when I do take to the battlefield." After all, it's all well and good wanting to be a warrior, but if he hopped into his first fight with rolls of fat and the stamina of a newborn foal, he probably wouldn't get very far.

The questions flatter him, as he does love to talk about himself and especially his beloved dragon. "We train together all the time. He flies as I run, to train his stamina and his wings, and we often hunt together to sharpen our reflexes and his claws and teeth. As for the bond...I have found that it simply strengthens over time. When he first hatched, he felt distant, almost, but now we have been bonded for a few weeks it feels like we are more like one mind. I imagine we will grow even closer as we both age." His dragon, who still looks marginally sheepish after pulling on his ears, momentarily forgets his scolding and touches his nose affectionately to the colt's neck at his words.

He glances back to the unicorn. "I am Volterra, this is Vérzés. Who might you be?" His sore ears flick up curiously.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

@[Öde]

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
he drinks damnation - by Volterra - 02-23-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: he drinks damnation - by Öde - 03-07-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: he drinks damnation - by Volterra - 03-12-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: he drinks damnation - by Öde - 03-28-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: he drinks damnation - by Volterra - 04-11-2015, 09:36 AM