the Rift

[OPEN] The risk that might break you

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
In reality's shadow the blind see best.

Then nothing matters. That was the conclusion of her meditation. How could it? If reality was merely an illusion and it was true that we were all apart of one consciousness, then giving up the illusion seemed the best course of action. For as Meno predicted, wasn't it better to know, than to merely justifiably believe? The girl anyways, thought so. Thus, if finding the truth was the ultimate aim, then she would shatter the illusion if indeed there was one. So the girl followed her line of thinking: if what was behind the metaphorical curtain was merely a stream of singular consciousness from which we all inherently sprung, then I must see myself as being that consciousness, rather than this specific body. After all, this body is one that I was merely put into my happenstance (although the circumstances of that happening did trouble her quite a bit, mostly because everyone seemed to be so upset that Hototo had died, and her place in the world had not quite balanced that out yet. No one was equally as joyful that she was here.). I must distance myself from this body. If this body feels pain, it is no more important than if any other body feels pain. And thus I should extend my influence and regard for all those around me.

But why? If all of this is just one steam of thought, flowing through an illusion of a self, why did any of it matter? Why not simply abandon form and become pure light?

Is that what Hototo had done? Had he simply saw through the illusion? Had the Moon Goddess freed him? She did control dark magic ... perhaps the illusion was her doing ...

Just before the rock that had slowly been slithering up the girl's neck reached and devoured her face, her ear twitched. A cascading mini-avalanche ricocheted down her sleek neck, as the minute movement interrupted the effect that her magic had over her body. She was no longer a statue; now she was a breathing being encased in marble, shattering its way out. Cracks ran deep down the stone that encased her flanks, and foundational faults found their way even down to her hooves which hadn't moved at all.

The feeling of having been freed, of having her movements no longer restricted physically broke her tenuous concentration. The girl's golden eyes opened wide, and immediately her quad-horned skull rotated where her ears pointed, meaning to find the cause of whatever had originally caught her attention. It didn't take long: Mesec was an obvious dark patch in what was otherwise a sunlit and colourful meadow. The girl recognized him immediately. Aithniel had known him, and ... had Kahlua? They were in the same area, so perhaps. If they hadn't before, maybe they did after the tasks her Father had set them on.

Did he receive a pendant too? The thought surprised the girl, and it showed in her golden eyes. Why had she wondered that? What did it matter if the dark stallion had, or hadn't successfully aided her Father? She and Aithniel had done their part successfully and been rewarded. Shaking her muzzle slightly, she turned her skull-marked face towards the dark one, regarding him evenly. Her golden eyes scanned him, noting the way his markings appeared to glow, even though the day was bright. That he had horns and wings as she did, did not surprise the girl. A fair number of those she had met had multiple features (to be fair, she had only really met demi-gods, but she didn't know that).

"I saw you before." She announced from the stream. As she raised a feathered hoof, all of the stone that had encased her youthful body suddenly (and astoundingly easily) cracked and fell into the water. Water splashed against her painted stomach, but the girl didn't seem to notice; she was too intrigued by Mesec's presence.

MERP. That was longer than I meant it to be. No need to match! :P

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-01-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-02-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-06-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM