the Rift

[OPEN] The risk that might break you

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
In reality's shadow the blind see best.

[Not sure why I suddenly switched tables last post ... lol]

The girl nodded and agreed. They were not always that lucky - Hototo for instance. She had heard about what a kind and welcoming soul he had been. Perhaps if he had been a little bit tougher, not so emotional, he would still be here. Similarly, if Helovia had been on more of the offensive, perhaps Mesec's mother would not have been able to take her plan quite so far. Perhaps she would have been stopped sooner. Yet from what the girl knew, even though many suspected Gaucho as being her pawn, no one did a thing about it - to either of them.

It was true they were not always lucky ... but sometimes luck had nothing to do with it.

Despite herself, the demi-child smiled at the nickname given to her by her cousin. Perhaps in later seasons when her body had grown so large that she towered above Mesec he would rethink the moniker, but for now it made her death-marked lips widen as she smiled. "I might..." She responded with a coy smile, her voice sounding almost playful, which was such a contrast to the distinctly academic and cold way she normally spoke. "In a perfect world, words would win over weapons. But the world isn't perfect - your Mother showed us that. There will be times when strength of body is more valuable than strength of mind. That is the world we live in, I think...and for better or worse, we need to acknowledge that. Hototo died because he wasn't strong enough. Pureness of heart and spirit couldn't keep him alive. I can't ... I don't want to end up like that.."

Her voice trailed off and she felt her bony shoulders rise and fall as she shrugged. She wanted to be strong so that she could make a difference here - so that she could carry on Hototo's legacy and bring the balance to the world that his death reminded them all of.

The ground around Mesec began to rumble as if the girl really was going to conjure up a few dragons to take him down. She smiled, faking as though she was really working on creating something huge and terrifying. Bits of earth rose into the air, spinning quickly and pulling apart as if trying to piece together a dragon-sized puzzle. However quickly the ground stopped shaking, and her smile grew as a few pieces of dirt fell harmlessly.

"If I did, you would just disappear on me. I'd rather have you stay."

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-01-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-02-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-06-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Isopia - 03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: The risk that might break you - by Mesec - 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM