the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Telling!

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

My mind was completely reeling from all the events that had happened recently, my thoughts teetering back and forth on the opinions that were threatening to form. From good to bad, miscommunication to flat out lies, sweeping things under a rug to anger and resentment. I didn't have the slightest clue as to what was right and what was wrong, ever since the day that I had last spoken with Bucephalus and Telesaan. It wasn't a long time ago, really, which was why I had yet to make up my mind about what to do or who to tell about what I had witnessed. Should I talk to someone? Should I confront the Morningstar? Should I keep it to myself and ignore everything as though it was nothing?

The questions that raced through my head never seemed to come to an end, and I wondered just how truthful Bucephalus would be if I were to confront him. It was obvious that the stallions were related somehow, their looks, their voices, the blatant history that they had between them. In just what way were they related? Why would someone related to Bucephalus aim to attack him, calling him by a different name even? I suppose I could always ask Telesaan to hear his side of the story as well, but he was as much a stranger to me as the Morningstar had become. Why was it so easy to suddenly feel like you never knew someone? How is it that when you are close to someone you feel as though you've known them for all of your life, but with one day, one event, one action, one word...All of that can disappear and suddenly you only knew a part of them that vanished long ago, all that's left before you is familiar face with an unrecognizable soul.

With a heavy sigh I stopped in my tracks, having arrived at the oasis to rest my hooves I begin to loosen the braids in my mane to loosen the precious egg from it's makeshift basket with care. Gently I lowered my crown to the earth, thick locks piling atop of each other as I set the egg down before loosening a final braid to let it fall out. Scarlet eyes studied the beautiful shell, admiring the pearlescent red coat with ivory stripes and pondering over what must be inside. An egg this beautiful must have been made by an amazing, albeit very large, bird. With the sweetest touch I pressed my nose against the egg, eyes closing as I spoke softly. "What do you think I should do? Why is this so difficult? It was easy to know to save you, bring you to the Throat. Why can't all decisions be so simple?"

I could feel the creature inside roll towards my touch, much like the first time I found the helpless being abandoned in the Heart Caves, and it brought a smile to my lips. Suddenly the rolling movement shifted into a violent kick, and I jerked my crown away in surprise. Auds picked foward as I listened to the shell cracking, my smile only growing when I realized that the egg was hatching. When pieces began to break off and fall to the ground, I was incredibly surprised to see a tiny hoof sticking out from the egg. A hoof? What has hooves that lays eggs? My crown tilted to the side, the expression of joy quickly turning to confusion. Then I remembered the fox like creature that had popped out of the filly's egg in the Deep Forest, somewhat beginning to understand. The infant animal was growing tired quickly, the movements slowing when it managed to get a second hoof out. Concerned, I nudged the egg to give it encouragement. "Come one little one, you can do it." My voice seemed to be just what it needed, and the hooves flailed with final burst of energy large enough to shatter the rest of the shell. My scarlet gaze grew wide and my jaw went slack as I stared at the baby antelope creature staring back at me with the most adorable large, black eyes.

The calf was a rich, warm chestnut color with snowy white stripes racing across it's back and down it's sides. Matching white spots were on it's legs and cheeks, as well as a white slash on it's chest and across the the bridge of it's darkened muzzle. Ears larger that my own flipped towards me, like it was hoping to hear me speak again, and it - I'm sorry, he began to try and stand. "That's it, I told you that you could do it." I smiled at the young being, and the calf turned towards me to bleet happily at the sound of my voice, melting my heart and warming my soul with it's call. How could anyone have abandoned something so cute? On shaky legs he wobbled towards me, and I nuzzled the baby just behind his ears and tracing the mohawk that stood along his spine. "Don't worry little one, you'll always have me. I promise, Pongo."

OOC: Morri's egg hatching and chat w/ @[Gaucho]
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Telling! - by Morrigan - 02-24-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: I'm Telling! - by Gaucho - 02-24-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: I'm Telling! - by Morrigan - 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: I'm Telling! - by Gaucho - 02-25-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: I'm Telling! - by Morrigan - 03-11-2015, 01:04 AM