the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Come, come, commala.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Spark comes naturally to me.

It dips and dives and explodes like I do; it’s furious and bright and exciting to unleash and disastrous to turn loose upon the world, in the sky, on your best friend’s body. It’s a storm and the hot kiss of electricity in the air (down my spine), the smell of petrichor on the leaves (in my heart), the light that guides the way through a dark thundercloud (in his eyes). No, I don’t think I’m that bright. But I do know Spark.

Time comes naturally to me, too.

But it scared the shit out of me.

It’s a thing and it’s nothing all at once. It’s always there and never there, always shifting and stuck in one place, one place, one place, going back over itself and leaping forward, because time happens all the time and sometimes the time can’t keep its own time even though it arrives on time all the time. And all of that made fucking sense. And doesn’t.

At the same time.

I was a child of Spark.

My Pa was a god of Time.

(And maybe that’s why it scared me.)

I still felt it though, like clockwork gears just ready to buzz in alarm at just the right moment (and a little too late, and a little too early). It didn’t matter that my insides were still hurting with things, with memories (nothing but life shifted by time) and Jiji’s tears and Leos’…stuff and Ma’s eyes darting away from me, into blinding sunlight—and Toto’s last breaths, his lifeless body, his disappearance from this plane. It didn’t matter. It wasn’t even a decision to come here: it was the time, the hour, the idea in place long before my birth, because even though that was some time ago (and a long time ago, a short time too) it didn’t matter.

Fuck my head hurts.

When I looked at…hmm…let’s call the bastard Roland for now. I ‘unno why man, just roll with it. When I came upon Roland and his-her-its shifting shit and the things he-she-it was chittering underneath his-her-its beak-mouth-teeth-fangs, my mind snapped and I closed my eyes because I was seeing too many things and not enough stuff in the cloak he-she-it wore and it was blinding and leaving me craving more all at the same time. I stumbled backward one single step (or maybe I stepped forward?) and when I heard what the thing was saying, I had an answer ready that I didn’t even know I had for words I didn't even understand.

“….That’s nasty, man, I said, rough and blunt.

[I hope it's not metaplaying for her to respond to the meaning of the words! If it is, I'll gladly edit!]
Roskuld</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Come, come, commala. - by Random Event - 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Roskuld - 02-25-2015, 02:04 AM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Random Event - 02-25-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Roskuld - 02-25-2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Random Event - 02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Roskuld - 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Random Event - 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: Come, come, commala. - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 01:02 PM