the Rift

A Dance With The Wild Things

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
The lynx moved easily, uncurling herself as Valiance curled around Resplendence in a form of support. Though, before the mare even had a chance to offer her name, the deep voice of the golden lynx spoke Resplendence's name. It hung in the air, causing Res to shuffle back a step, ear falling to the side in confusion. Glitter was pooled around her feet now, though it didn't carry the dim glow that only emerged when she was comfortable. After all, something had to be off… Creatures like this didn't just speak, and they most definitely did not know names.

Silence is what takes the air, holding Resplendence and Valiance in place and choking the questions she wanted to spill. No, she didn't quite have the courage yet to ask all of them. Then, the lynx tilting her head back to the side, saying that the tails did not do Resplendence justice. She goes to speak, but when she can the lynx speaks once more, saying that he had been waiting for Res.

Resplendence stumbles over words, now able to actually form sounds. "What… How did you? My name? What tales?" She whispers, broken, awkward questions spilling from her mouth as Valiance sends calming vibes through their bond. And then, she is asked about how she feels of love and life. Res shudders a little, body trembling for a few moments as she blinks in confusion at the creature before her. She swallows, taking in a deep breath. "I-I don't even k-know your name… yet you know mine…" a break as she glances around - trying to figure out if this creature was bonded to someone else that knew her. "And you're asking about love and life?"

She's confused, very confused. "Just answer - don't look like bond. Find no scare," Valiance insists and so Res finally allows her mind to begin reeling over the question. Had she been asked this but two seasons prior, she would have answered that love was not something she was capable of receiving outside of Valiance's bond. Had it been two seasons prior she would have said that the only reason she was still alive was to keep Valiance from suffering more pain. Had it been two seasons prior she would have said that she wasn't sure she could still feel love, or feel alive. But now? Now it was different…

Another swallow, ear flickering back and forth as she watched this golden lynx. Perhaps it was a bit too long of silence, but finally she attempted to string some words together. "Love… it should be unconditional… It should come with trust, a-and everyone d-deserves it, from someone." A pause, as she nods (as if she needed to confirm what she said to herself; to confirm she was strong enough to continue). She builds strength. "Life is precious. It-it's something too easily taken… too easily broken. Life should be fought for, by everyone. It should not end violently, but peacefully. Every l-life should be h-honoured…." Her voice breaks, mind instantly racing toward her lost twins, toward Rowan's death, toward those missing in the darkness. "Life with love… it's a gift, and a goal to strive for… it… it forms a purpose, for everyone…"

Then, she flickers her tail as Valiance offers a few clicks of encouragement. "W-why?" Why does all of this matter? Why do this lynx know Resplendence? Why can this lynx talk? Just… why?
@[Random Event]
Resplendence
just in case i say anything brilliant
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
A Dance With The Wild Things - by Random Event - 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: A Dance With The Wild Things - by Resplendence - 02-26-2015, 11:28 PM