the Rift

A Dance With The Wild Things

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Some of her questions were answered. At least she was given a name of this mysterious lynx-creature. Cairde, it was a beautiful name. She said that she had heard of Resplendence by friends? Friends who had spoken of her service and kind nature. One would suppose that such tails would be good to be woven, though it was definitely a surprise to the pink mare. She had done all she could to devote herself to the Edge, to show care and kindness for each of its members, but she had never been sure that anyone had actually noticed all that she had done. Alas, the question of life and love was asked and Resplendence finally scrounged up the nerve to respond and ask why.

A teasing tone came from the lynx's mouth as she spoke of the foundation of life and the existence before casting different notes around the structure and creating an intricate harmony. Res finally managed to string out words of devotion, of deserving, of it always, and answering the question. Soon, though, Cairde spoke of the pain that seemed to always lurk around Resplendence regardless of what she did to break it. But, the lynx said that she was strong and there was a small nod of the mare's head. "T-thank you, Cairde," she says before Cairde moves past her and out into the nature, saying that Res was asking the wrong questions once more. Carefully, Res turns upon her haunches to watch where the lynx went - Valiance bounding after Cairde as Res lingered behind at the Rotunda.

"Then, what questions should I be asking?" she inquires, voice a quiet whisper as the creature asks for her to come. Golden eyes linger upon the gold that shoots up the tree, lighting up the bark in time with Cairde's humming. Then, after a few moments, Res also moves forward. Her steps are slow, and her body seems to waddle with each movement. It is not taxing, yet, but she knows that the walk back toward the Edge definitely will end up taking a few days at the least.

She lines up with Valiance as he stalks in a few steps closer to the lynx, still watching her in admiration. "No stress. Baby good. Cairde nice. Caidre sweet." Valiance insists, wrapping his tail around Resplendence's limb in the process to continue to offer her emotional support.

@[Random Event]
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
A Dance With The Wild Things - by Random Event - 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: A Dance With The Wild Things - by Resplendence - 03-09-2015, 09:20 PM