the Rift

[OPEN] Born in the arms of imaginary friends

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I want to do what Einarr demands, but sumultenously I want to scream that I don't know how. This thing - this girl - isn't rational! She doesn't speak my language or any other! How was I supposed to motivate this child who was so ignorant of the world as to try and nurse from Meg? Meg!

Still. I wouldn't let Father down, and somehow, by extension, that translated to Einarr. It was like whatever similarity the two held physically and verbally somehow extended into my sense of loyalty and dedication, warping the relationship that I had with the blackened warrior.

As acid rained from the skies I was shocked to find Meg's wing gently brushing over my withers. I had somehow lulled myself into this false sense of duty, of responsibility where there was no need. Meg was here - and while she could not provide milk to the unnamed child, she could certainly provide safety. I felt a lull in my mind, a serenity in the midst of this storm. This was not my fight. All was not resting upon my shoulders. There was Einarr and there was Meg. I would be an aid, a guide, but I was not their only resort.

"To the Throat!" I shouted, trying not to cringe as acid fell upon the side of me that was left uncovered by the bay's wing. I bit my lip, nearly hard enough to dray blood, but would not cry out. I would be stronger than that. Braver.

As we moved, I realized that the girl could not fly. I didn't notice that her wing had been broken, but even if it hadn't she was incapable of flight at this age. Horror struck my youthful frame as I realized that we had no way across. Neither Meg or Einarr held keys to the Throat's bridge! I felt almost..ashamed? Embarrassed? To realize that I was not a keyhold either. For all the responsibility that being a prince of the Throat entailed, apparently keys to the kingdom was not one.

"We need Father.." I mumbled hopelessly as we moved towards where the land-bridge once was.

"I'll get him - I'll - " I was nearly hyperventilating by this point. The pain on my side was so bad, and the terror so real that I could barely see straight. All I knew was that I needed to get into the air ... I need to .. just.. fly over the bridge.. Father would see.. my. wings...would help....

Dizziness descended upon me but I would not be deterred. I jumped into the air, spreading my barely burning wings. I rose higher and higher into the air, hoping to all of the Gods that Father would see me and would come. My vision grew darker as I burned up all the energy in my small body.

But I would not give up. I would be strong. I would be brave.

I would save the girl.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Born in the arms of imaginary friends - by Rhoa - 02-24-2015, 11:38 PM