the Rift

[OPEN] Over the Creek

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
and it's our time now if you want it to be
maul the world like the carnival bear set free

The pup hides behind one of the mare's legs, and the crimson dragon continues to stare hungrily down at it. Volterra can sense his bonded is torn between whether the fluffy bundle is food or friend, so settles for simply staring at it until told otherwise. Vérzés is not yet old enough to differentiate between what he should be eating and what he shouldn't, and Volterra knows he must train such knowledge into him sooner rather than later. He had found out the hard way that dragons don't always know instinctively what they should and shouldn't do - the flesh between his nostrils will forever bear a scar from where Nymeria's black hatchling had decided to take his first bite of horsemeat from Volterra's face.

"My name is Volterra, and this is Vérzés," he introduces. The dragon chirps at the sound of his name, paws wrapping around his bonded's ears to anchor himself in place as he leans further and further forwards in order to crane his neck curiously at the hiding pup. "What's your name, miss? And your...companion?" Was it her companion, or just some random prey animal that had decided to hide behind her?

The mare's next question is a pleasing one - at being called impressive, Vérzés puffs up and releases a loud croon of delight, tearing his gaze away from the pup to instead draw himself to his full height. His hind-claws knot into the tufty beginnings of Volterra's mane as he rears high, wings spreading and chest pumping. Ah, yes, that famed dragon vanity. Volterra had been on the wrong end of it when Abraham's white took offense to him pointing out that she wasn't a queen - which he still stood by, even moreso now he had Vérzés to educate him in dragon culture, because the red had been positively disgusted at the notion that a white would dare consider herself a queen - and it seems to be a particular species trait.

Volterra himself has a touch of dragon vanity too, it seems, as he never passes up on an opportunity to tell the tale of how he came to bond to his crimson. "I stumbled across a wild dragoness who was dying - she had been attacked, and all her eggs smashed except for one red one. I stayed with her while she died, made sure no wild animals came to peck at her or anything, and in return she gave me the egg." He couldn't have thought of a way he would have rather found his egg. To have witnessed the green unfurl herself and optionally give the ruby sphere to him as she died...ah, he had been truly blessed! She must have recognised his strength, his respect towards dragons, must have known he would take good care of her child. And he had.

image credits

@[Ghost]

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Over the Creek - by Ghost - 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Volterra - 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Volterra - 03-12-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Over the Creek - by Ghost - 03-17-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Over the Creek - by Volterra - 03-20-2015, 05:31 PM