the Rift

[JUDGED] Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The Tallsun seasonal spar, paired with Öde - a complete stranger to me. But then, Arah was a complete stranger to me as well. Perhaps I shall meet the entire herd through these spars. My spar with Arah had not gone so well for me. Despite the vicious wounds I left her, she bested me in the end. My pride refuses to accept that she might be a more adept fighter than I, and I chalk it up to my being so young. And after all, that was my first spar. Perhaps I am still just learning, growing into my skin, becoming a true tigress, a hunter of the weak. But at the moment, I am the weak. I need to prove myself against this Öde, and this is the time to do it. I need to make a name for myself and this unicorn boy shall be the witness to it.

My paws knead the dirt and grass, leaving small imprints in the dirt, light due to the hardness of the Earth in the Tallsun heat. The smell of fresh grass fills my nostrils as I walk toward where these spars are supposed to take place: north of the lake, not far from the hot springs and caves. I'm not prepared for any sneak attack - I believe in fair fights with my spar partners. I see him standing there. No one else around, it is obvious that he is there for me. He doesn't say anything, and I do not say anything, matching his silence. I gather from his silence he is taking this rather seriously, and wants to do me more than a little bit of harm. I curl my lip, flashing my fangs at him - very well, I shall do HIM more than a little bit of harm as well. Perhaps I can enjoy watching HIM limp away from the fight like a whimpering pup.

He charges me like a foolhardy child, ignorant of strategy, ignorant of self-preservation! I crouch back on my haunches, fangs exposed, growling my warning. He can take whatever part of me he wants but I will inflict my own pain upon his flesh and leave him suffering. Black as the night, blood red hat painted on top, the sun shines bright on his coat. I wait for him, waiting for the impact, waiting to strike when he is within my grasp. His cry does nothing to intimidate me, cause me fear, or weaken my resolve. If anything it just makes me more centered on my goal of showing this boy who truly rules here. I try to move at the last second to avoid his attack, but he has more momentum than I thought, and I fail to find true purchase on the hard earth. His horn pierces the top of my right ear and his propulsion sends it through, raising up as he slams into me, tearing through the top of the ear to free his horn. A fierce roar emanates from my chest, and spit flies from my mouth in rage. My roar cut short as his knees knock into me, terminating the breath that sustained it. I gasp to catch my breath, and I feel blood begin to trickle down my ear, matting the fur beneath.

Sustaining a wound is no reason to remain passive in a fight. I gather my hindquarters beneath me and lift my torso in the air at his passing carcass. Assuming his momentum carries him farther past me, but not out of reach, I hope to land extended, outstretched claws into his obsidian hide. The red paint he carries on his crown is not enough for me - I seek with perverse joy to lend him slices down his barrel to color him a little more crimson. After all, red and black go so well together. My body twists to grab him, tail outstretched to balance me. 'I dare you to remain so close to claw and fang, BOY!' Never mind that his age is likely the same as my own: my prey shall always be like newborn babes to me, ripe for reaping!

"Speech."
688 words
@[Öde]
1/3

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Öde - 02-26-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Saffron - 02-27-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Öde - 03-07-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Öde - 03-28-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Öde - 04-26-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Wolf meets Tiger [Saffron] - by Official - 05-16-2015, 05:03 PM