the Rift

[OPEN] As the Wind chases the Leaves run

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

"I spoke in jest," in part I feel deflated by their reactions. I feel like the court jester tossed unprepared into the presence of kings and queens. I wince at the thought of saying more yet shy away from the thought of saying nothing more. I look from one face to the other with not a smile in sight; it is a stark realization that chases my own away.

This was not how I had imagined our meeting to play out. Looking back from where I came from I wonder if it would be more enjoyable to simply turn around and call this quits. But suddenly the night around us is heavy and I don't want to be out in it alone. The lightning bugs that had seemed so playful earlier now only seem to taunt me. Their little legs tug on my hair and their flashes of light seem like gaudy interruption of the night.

I pout slightly at the situation I have found myself to be in. There will be no playing matchmaker with this pair as I so love to do. I am not sure that I could even manage to slip a laugh from either's lips. Although they fail to speak Maren and the stallion seem to have stolen away my own words. My mottled lips are as tight as theirs now, and I do not like it.

"Is.." I prepare to ask my question like a cautious pup, "Is everything okay?" The hesitancy in my voice annoys me but the pair that had looked to be great friends to be are now intimidating. Even my posture as I ask my question is hesitant. My head is lowered slightly with eyes looking from those I question back to the ground and my wings are clasped so tightly against my body that I can feel my wing muscles beginning to ache. But I have to ask them; I cannot leave this spot until I am sure that everything is okay. After all, why else would they be so.. closed off towards a joke or two? Standing a little taller I try to figure out the pair that I find myself wishing that I wouldn't have stumbled upon.

@[Maren] @[Mauja]
image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Maren - 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Mauja - 03-07-2015, 05:38 AM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Maren - 03-08-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Rei - 03-08-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Mauja - 03-09-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Maren - 03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Rei - 03-30-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Mauja - 04-05-2015, 05:49 AM
RE: As the Wind chases the Leaves run - by Maren - 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM