the Rift

[OPEN] Into the jungle!

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Haruki sits on my flanks as I trot away from the Basin. I'm happy that I visited there, but I can't help but wonder if they're all a little unfriendly there. Maybe I just didn't meet the right inhabitants? There are always a few grumpy folks wherever you go, right? Haruki chirrups behind me and sends warm feelings, noticing my mixed reaction to the Aurora Basin. My small dark hooves find their way through the sparse grasses and spotty snow patches as I head south. I must find out where else I need to explore, and who else I need to meet!

----

It takes a little time to get to the next hidden land, but not as long as crossing all of Helovia like when I went to the ocean! THAT took a long time. Haruki sees me picturing the ocean, the big stallion and the pretty singing mare. But he meets my mental images with one of his own - the land ahead! He refocuses my attention, and I see a rocky path before us, leading down into some sort of valley. Next to the path is a great waterfall. Is this... This has to be one of the herd lands, but I don't know its name. I start down the path, assuming that I'll run into someone along the way. That's how it usually works when you travel into a new place. The locals tend to notice!

The path is very tricky, and I let Haruki jump down to navigate it himself. I don't want to fall and hurt him in the process. He makes his own way down, and I keep my black and pink wings spread, trying to balance myself as I maneuver the trail. Gravel, rocks, loose dirty and roots, all obscuring the easy way down and leaving me quite unsure of myself. The Basin had its Sentinels - this place has a treacherous road! I guess they all have their means of making it a little difficult to get in. Stones slip beneath my toes and I slide down a yard or two. A sharp whinny slips my lips in panic and Haruki yaps after me, worried. I steady myself, but I can feel my heart thumping in my pale chest as I try to reach the bottom in one piece. When I am full grown I will make sure to FLY into this place, not walk down the path. I have no desire to do this multiple times!

""
@[Africa], @[Zahra], + any others who wish to join and meet Tempe. She's exploring the herds :) Also, posting order is lie.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Kipling - 03-01-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-04-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Midas - 03-04-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM