the Rift

[OPEN] Into the jungle!

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Her sooty nose sniffs at Haruki, trying to understand what he is, clearly. She seems much younger than I even realized initially, and my eyes are wide as I try to understand her in the way she tries to understand me. She doesn't seem to comprehend what I do at first. But after a second, it is like looking at a mirror: her muzzle moves as mine, her toes move as mine. I wonder, do our feathers align? Her youth - and I say that speaking as a 3 month old whippersnapper - becomes truly apparent when she tries to say my name. She does quite well, and though she speaks slowly she does not stumble. I wonder silently when she says 'Ma' and 'Da' exactly why she is speaking of her parents. I look over my shoulder, as if expecting her parents to be there. They aren't, however, and so I turn my visage back toward her with slight befuddlement. Her lips part to say what I assume is her own identity. 'Zah-a.' It's rather strange, but I've heard stranger I suppose, so I can learn that name. I repeat aft her with a smile. "Zah-a."

And with only the word 'Come!' we are off into the herd land. I'm nervous at first, unsure that the single-syllable invitation of an infant is enough to allow me into a place called the HIDDEN Falls. Certainly they are hidden for a reason, and that road! Treacherous to foreigners... And yet, I follow her anyway, Haruki keeping pace quietly alongside me, his cyan eyes taking in what my golden ones do not. What he sees stays out of my mind, and I can focus on following Zah-a toward... wherever she is leaving me. I glance around, seeing rock formations, water... A giant cliff wall, but beyond that there are things my eyes cannot see. I follow her through a small forest, trusting that she knows her way around her home. But the farther we go, misgivings that were buried grow more powerful. Zah-a whines for her mother. I found the whining rather painful to the ears, but I don't say anything. She's a small child, of course she's whining. Besides - it might get us help in becoming un-lost. Of course, I could fly above the trees and find our way out.. but I feel Zah-a might panic, and I don't want to leave my new friend alone.

I didn't even notice the stranger appear until he spoke, and Haruki seemed equally surprised. The poor kitsune's senses were clearly dulled by my wandering, bubbly mind. I look up at him with suspicion at first - he seems awfully confused to be an adult Falls member. And lost. But this Kipling seems to find his words and his way, and begins to direct us.

'I'm the stranger here, I have a right to be lost!' The thought spins around my mind before settling in the back. At the very least I am meeting others and exploring a land I might otherwise not get to visit. "Tempe!" I chime in, not realizing that Kipling had overheard us girls talking before. The farther we walk now, the more his confidence appears to grow. But then, Zah-a was confident in the beginning, too. The Falls - home to the lost souls. 'Lost souls' can mean more than one thing, you know.

""
@[Zahra] & @[Kipling]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 02-27-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Kipling - 03-01-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-04-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Midas - 03-04-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Zahra - 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: Into the jungle! - by Tempe - 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM