the Rift

[PRIVATE] whatever lovers say

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Blue eyes watch the first fingers of day trace pale promises over still water with something akin to nostalgia. The sun, still shy from the brief night, peeks coyly from a thin curtain of cloud, spreading thin light over the hazy valley. She sighs gently, stretching gracefully to rouse her tired limbs from their slumber, her joints creaking like the boughs of old trees. How long has it been since she had awakened to this scene (an ashen sun mounting stone peaks, a thin blanket of mist coddling dark waters)? Even her wanderer's heart could not deny the pleasure of watching the dawn rise over home, secure in the knowledge all her children were safe and bedded, and her bones no longer ached with the memories of ghosts past.

Rainchild they had once called her, the young idealist forever cloaked in rain; a haunted girl who refused to see her own fire, so called herself a storm instead. But years had passed, and life made her cynical and restless, but brought her happiness of another kind. How could she have ever thought that a single voice could heal the world? A little smile curls the corner of her velvet lips at the thought her youthful naivety. This earth's wounds ran much deeper than she had initially thought—all the world's rain and tears could never fill its abysses, and all the sunlight could never fully nullify its shadows. As wretched as she felt to think, sometimes it is better to preserve one's heart and turn a blind eye to the shadows rather than break yourself fighting a ceaseless battle against it. If I cannot change the world, I may as well enjoy it, she thinks, tracing the lake's pebbled edge, head thrust low in thought. Rainchild meant relentless idealism, but age made her a skeptic, a pessimist—she has grown wiser, but with wisdom comes bitterness. What will they call me now? , she wonders.
"."
--

i'm always in this twilight, in the shadow of your heart,

@[Deimos]

Messages In This Thread
whatever lovers say - by Huyana - 02-26-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: whatever lovers say - by Deimos - 02-28-2015, 07:11 PM