the Rift

A new tale begins
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Had Africa voiced her concerns aloud, these ears would've bent receptively to offer mutual understanding and surmountable comfort. Yar, for I once ruled beneath the glory of sun and seen those years wasted by accepting the task which Earth laid before these feet. Aye, Throat's pedestal had been short lived; but during those years of youth working as a soldier, a general and leader, I'd served with a whole heart and tempered strength. She didn't have to carry the guilt of betrayal, not when forgiveness was a rising dawn.

Perhaps it was for the best. In the end, we had each other -- and that counted for something.
____

He comes without grandeur, a mountain of a man. A wolf with long fangs and gentle eyes. My gaze lowers respectfully, ears press to listen as the god speaks of timber grown from the spirits of our descended brethren. Our ascended brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, mothers and brothers. How much blood had painted these lands and for the sake of what? A goddess proving her point? Pride? Jealousy? No wonder the hearts of mortals are often put on edge, straying from their innocent paths of birth.

Zahra's lean flesh presses hard against my side; I stand firm, offering my body as a beam of support. A shield should she have need of it. This world was hidden behind a veil of carefully planned maneuvers, we (I) sought to keep this child away from all harm -- rarely was she out of sight from either myself or Africa. Earth greets me warmly, no sign of discontent noted. My crown is set to rise, it carries with it a light grin and crinkled browline, "Father," even when chastised by this mighty parent, ever dutiful would my soul be. "In a way," for a moment I allow myself the pleasure of seeing the fruit of labor discover the calming presence of our lord. I shift a smile to Africa, thankful that she'd given blessing for our family journey. "I have a few questions I'd seek thee guidance on." Unwaveringly ever a student, "There is also a task I'd ask for blessing upon and aid if ye finds the cause worthy of it."

Word count: 366
@[Africa]
Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A new tale begins - by Midas - 02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Africa - 03-02-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: A new tale begins - by Zahra - 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-05-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-08-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-20-2015, 05:19 PM