the Rift

A new tale begins
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
I would not bow to the threshold of oppressors, nor would my heart sway its steadfast emotions over a single season. Aye, especially when met with sly hostility upon random eves. Earth's patient stare turns to mine; these loving eyes have solidified to an assured edge. My voice slips across the slight space between us without hesitation, "The Basin," a topic which lay upon my tongue with bittersweet weight. I'd met inspiring members of their congregation and some that are less than wonderful; but to ask Earth to love them less than others...yar, it went against the fabric of his being. Nar, I came for wisdom, from ears who'd seen much and eyes who'd witnessed all great and beautiful things. My purpose was hope. "They come into our lands by shadow, hiding where our eyes might not see," to a warrior and a man raised under the sun; this was a sign of impending war.

To that equal of a man who desperately wanted peace and to be left to it... "What would ye have us do? How shall we respond?"

I could guess what his remark would be. Yet my ears craved, they are hungry for a glimpse into whatever understanding moved his ideals. My heart was willing (despite reservations) to do whatever it took to preserve the lives of those that reside within yon Fall's. Even if it meant caressing and embracing the head of the serpent myself. For hadn't my soul been pledged upon the flying island after I received immortality? To serve, and be a symbolic leader for lands even beyond the borders of our home. Aye, a pledge that would stand true -- even if all else failed.

Word count: 272
@[Africa]
Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A new tale begins - by Midas - 02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Africa - 03-02-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: A new tale begins - by Zahra - 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-05-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-08-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-20-2015, 05:19 PM