the Rift

A new tale begins
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
I considered his words, listening as my father and lord relayed what was already known to me. Yar, quite a painting we’d brushed ourselves into. “Aye,” I admit heavily, “The burning of their offering was personal,” a regretful action. Amended, or better termed, attempted to amend. Though turning away their prying for an alliance was not a decision born from haste. “A mistake I’d not have repeated.” Perhaps they’d changed, Earth seemed to think something of them…but without evidence in the form of a humble desire for peace -- my heart was unwilling to take their words nearly two seasons ago as total truth. Something didn’t feel right. The Basin had been sly on more than one occasion. Inner ponderings make my tone unintentionally hard, I press to smooth it out and make these next words softer, “I seek to protect thee lands. There are many entrances and exits into and out of our home – we can’t guard them all, effectively.” Preparation for the worst, should it ever come.

“Africa,” crown drifts to my shoulder so that I might glance back and attempt to catch the yielding gems of a woman that was now called mate and Medic, “She gives a solution to this.” I tried to remember the title of those flora we’d talked about and failed, “Barricades or walls blocking the walkways leading into our home; and certain plantlife which grow wild – tis rumored to cause a poisonous sting for all who come in contact with it.” Something as fragile as a plant would be overlooked to a stranger entering our lands uninvited, it could be a useful deterrent if nothing else.

Tallsun would be giving way to colder air; the time for planting had passed us, “Would ye aid us in erecting a sturdy barricade across the most noticeable paths?” Without Earth such a laborious task would take a long time – yar, though time for this soul wasn’t a problem, there were others who needed projects completed at a swifter rate. “Save for one, the entrance behind the waterfall facing yon Threshold.” One entrance could be guarded, one entrance could be easily patrolled.

@[Africa]
Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A new tale begins - by Midas - 02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Africa - 03-02-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: A new tale begins - by Zahra - 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-05-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-08-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by Midas - 03-20-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: A new tale begins - by God of the Earth - 03-24-2015, 03:13 PM