the Rift

From Across the Shadows

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

I tiptoe quietly through the forest, a different part of the forest I've never been to before. I've just left the Falls, with a little assistance from Zahra. I've pledged to myself never to go down that path again, because it was must too steep and difficult. Next time - whenever it may be - I will fly there. Though of course, I may have to grow up a little more first. In my mind a picture flashes of me flying and Haruki on the ground, pining after me. I turn my little face toward his as he walks next to me. "Don't worry, I'd never leave you behind." I don't think he can understand me, but I hope he can hear the reassurance in my voice. The mist that swirls around my hooves and barred legs swirls around him too, and his little nose peaks up through it. He yips softly at me, and I think somehow he understands the commitment I have for him, for us.

I start softly as I hear voices up ahead. Haruki swats my leg with his tails and runs ahead, I presume to investigate, though my stomach begins to knot with worry over his wellbeing. I admire his courage, but if he got hurt trying to protect me.... I banish the thought from my mind, unwilling to even humor the thought. I see flashes of what he sees - two stallions, a unicorn and a pegasus. They're talking, and though I can't tell if they know each other or not, they don't seem to be unfriendly. Deciding it may be safe enough for me and Haruki, I make my way between an opening in the trees. I'm just in time to hear the reddish pegasus begin to speak. I'm slightly hidden amongst the shadows of the trees: present, visible, but not obtrusive to the adults' conversation.

Before the unicorn can reply to the pegasus, I pipe up. "No, Rohan, Sir, there's no war going on." Though as I look over at the bulky unicorn, I wonder exactly where he's been to hurt himself so badly. It does look like he may have been in more than just a terrible fall, especially with the scars scattered over his body that suggest he's been into this sort of scuffle before. I look back at the handsome pegasus. "My name is Tempe. Helovia is this land you're in - not just the Threshold where all these trees are but aaaalll of the land!" Smart, polite, and helpful! That's me! Haruki chirrups next to me. "Oh! And this is Haruki." How could I forget to introduce my little companion!

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 02-27-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 02-28-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 02-28-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Tempe - 02-28-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 02-28-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 03-01-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 03-02-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 03-02-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Tempe - 03-03-2015, 11:16 PM