the Rift

From Across the Shadows

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

The stallion next to me introduces himself as Rostislav of the Falls. I cock my head, interested, and remain quiet. I am polite as always, and I don't mind letting the adults continue the conversation while I listen. Rostislav names the different herds for Rohan, and Haruki and I listen carefully. I guess that Haruki can't actually understand the things that Rostislav says, but he listens attentively anyway. I'm certainly happy for the imparted knowledge: now I know the names of all the herds! I had guessed parts of them before but now I 100% know the full names. The Aurora Basin and the Hidden Falls - well I've visited both of those now so I am familiar with them - but the other two... the World's Edge I've never heard of, and the Dragon's Throat. Doesn't papa live there? I feel like I've heard him mention it before, but I can't remember for sure.

But soon I see the conversation is coming to an end: a short conversation, devoid of much interesting gossip or knowledge to chew over. A small sigh escapes my lips and Haruki chirrups at me, rubbing against my fetlocks in an attempt to cheer me. It works, and I feel my spirits lift a little. Rostislav invites Rohan back to the Falls for at least a temporary home, if not for something more permanent. I wonder what Rohan will do when he gets there.... I have never lived in a herd: Mum doesn't have one and I follow her around. It seems like maybe she doesn't have as many friends as Papa, and I wonder what has happened in her life that has brought around such circumstances. Will I go to the Throat with Papa once I no longer need my mum's milk? I don't know - there are so many things I don't know. Rostislav invites me to join them, but I shake my head gently. "Thank you Sir, but I have my own journey to make." I try to assure him, knowing how so many adults worry about foals out and about on their own. But he shouldn't worry - Mum is never too far behind, taking care to keep an eye on Breccan and I. Rohan politely bids me farewell, and I appreciate that he considers me as they go. "A pleasure meeting you both - until next time!"

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 02-27-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 02-28-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 02-28-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Tempe - 02-28-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 02-28-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 03-01-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Rostislav - 03-02-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Thranduil - 03-02-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: From Across the Shadows - by Tempe - 03-03-2015, 11:16 PM