the Rift

please see us

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

It wasn't often that the God responded well to yelling. While he certainly understood that there was a time and a place to release such pent up emotions, rarely did he think that it was ever appropriate to discharge those feelings at another individual. Even when his son was brutally murdered by his sister he did not yell. But then the Earth had seen and been subject to more suffering than any mortal would ever experience in their lifetime. Perhaps the only path to such patience was the long and slow burn of experience.

The Earth around the pair rumbled gently, the sound of a faraway earthquake gently rocking the world to sleep. The God pressed himself through the earth, using the rocks he displaced to compose his great rustic form. Eyes, deep as the sea with a depth just as great surveyed the two who had come with such haste to his shrine. Einarr's words had pulled him from his rocky slumber, but it was the expression on his face which truly did all the speaking.

"I am here now-" He began, his voice calm even in the face of what surely must seem like an emergency to the pair. "-There is no need to shout."

His large wings folded easily against his flanks as his quiet and knowing gaze passed from Einarr to Meg, and back again. Breathing deeply, he closed his eyes and bowed his head. It was a difficult spot to be placed in, one that the God did not appreciate. It was very rare that he gave out a gift before suitable payment had been offered. Compensation was the heart of all contracts after all. Still, he had watched the scene unfold earlier and knew that this was not Einarr's plan. Here before him was not a trickster, merely a misguided Father who could not provide for his child. The God knew that feeling well - even omnipotence had to be limited at times.

However that did not leave Einarr blameless.

"I will extend my aid to the child. This series of events have come about due to no hers ... The fault lies with you Einarr, both as Father and Murderer. No matter how justified your actions, you are the one who has put her in this predicament. This one with you shall be granted a mothers milk for one season which is long enough for the babe to grow strong enough to sustain her health on her own. For the aid I will provide her, you will provide it five-fold. Find and aid five who seek the same basic needs as your child. If you fail to do this by the time your surrogate mother ceases to provide sustenance, I shall not be pleased, and my displeasure shall be readily known to you."

Looking to Meg, the God exhaled. As he did so the water around them splashed against the rocks, and the stones themselves seemed to hum with his intent. Magic gripped meg, allowing her the ability to nurse the child.

"I am pleased by your willingness to help." He offered to her with a small smile.

SO sorry for the wait! I skipped ahead a bit in the conversation to keep things moving for you!

Meg is now a wetnurse!

Einarr must complete his quest in 2 months. If he does not he will suffer a severe and permanent curse.

Messages In This Thread
please see us - by Einarr - 02-28-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: please see us - by Megaera - 02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: please see us - by God of the Earth - 03-08-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: please see us - by Einarr - 03-09-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: please see us - by Megaera - 03-09-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: please see us - by God of the Earth - 03-11-2015, 04:56 PM