the Rift

There is strangeness here
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

If Ophelia were looking at his thoughts, she would have struggled to contain an outward laugh. She was many things, but rarely had she ever been referred to as soft, warm and in the company of wise friends. Her mind flitted to general who consumed her thoughts as of late and his brooding, violent nature. Then, there was his relative – a wild, dirty beast of cunning intellect and fearsome size. Deimos, her equal, was known as “the Reaper” for a reason, and though he was wise, she would hardly venture so far as to call him a friend. She also kept the company of gods who more than once waged violence on the mortals, and one of whom cast her away for years. In fact, what he saw a was a well-constructed mask, a façade to hide the solitary, violence and unconfident woman inside, but she would have been flattered to know that her persona’s walls were so very well constructed.

Though not actively peering into Ghost’s memories, she was able to hear a single, spoke thought seconds after those words were already etched into her mind. The pale princess’ eyes never once wavered from their male guest, though her keen, mental faculties muttered in her mind once more. “To chat,” was her simple, unspoken reply. “Perhaps about why you and your kin so heavily sought ours not too long ago – making plans? Regardless, I am curious as to what Midas told you regarding our herds’ relations. I will pay you a visit soon.” The accusation lingered politely at the end of her question, but she moved on from there, fully removing herself from Ghost’s mind and allowing her to privacy of her out thoughts.

Not the least bit offended by Ghost’s personal comment, Ophelia smiled, shaking her head. “On the contrary, the ability to rise from nothing – to make yourself known when your existence was previously unmarked – is rather beautiful. I see it as a blooming flower. The plant was always there, but when Birdsong arrives and the bloom is ready, it becomes something more.” The pale princess shrugged awkwardly with a subtle roll of her shoulders beneath glistening, silver armor and avoided eye contact – only one of the mortal habits she could not fully cover with this friendly game. Tinek was glanced at and summarily ignored which offended the scaled beast, and he huffed, white frost puffing from his lips as he pulled himself up onto the branch, grumbling. Ophelia shook her head in amusement.

Oh the amusement continued! Would Ghost be as tickled as she was? The Aurora Basin was absolutely not the ‘correct’ choice given its inhabitants rumored hatred for the species lacking horns. Her eyes sparkled with delight, and she smiled anyway, the stallion’s choice not shaking her calm. “A pleasure to meet you, Boltar,” she said quietly. “Should you want to talk or wander, look north to mountains.” Ophelia took a last look at Ghost, nodding in respect. They would speak later, of course - there was no need now.

@[Ghost]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
There is strangeness here - by Boltar - 02-28-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ophelia - 03-01-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ghost - 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Boltar - 03-05-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ophelia - 03-06-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Boltar - 03-07-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ophelia - 03-08-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: There is strangeness here - by Ghost - 03-08-2015, 03:43 PM