the Rift

[OPEN] Meteorites and falling skies

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

She watched how the silver stallion moved to the pool as well and pushed his nose against the surface. He seemed in thought at first, but then he threw her back a grin. But then something shifted and from his lips did not come words connecting to his expression. It was quiet, hesitant; a question. Maren looked at him with her silent eyes, her smile not really disappearing but turning thoughtful with the whole of her expression as her gaze turned to the water. In the reflection, behind herself and the stallion, she could make out the wall. But looking at it, rippled and blurred inscriptions, she wondered if this was how Mesec always saw it.

And his questions echoed in her mind like the ripples in the pond – Why? It was a popular word in her head, so why was she for once surprised to hear this from him? It sounded so fragile, uncertain and honest in her ears. Aware of it or not, perhaps this was the way he wanted to let her know that, whatever blood meant, in his heart he was more mortal than divine, after all. And wasn’t that alright?

“Easy...?” She repeated in a forgetful mumbling. “I do not believe that what they do is either right – or wrong.” The disciple spoke as she looked at the glimmering halo-light above her own reflection, still pondering what way she wanted to answer him. For in her ears – for the understanding of her mind – the question had not really made a critical point she could answer straight out. For his assumption on how she believed were false. “Neither does faith solve our problems,” she mentioned, while, little by little, she started to take the questions apart. For if faith had worked wonders when rubbed, everyone would have been chasing the light by now.

“What they do is what they do, and there is no ’why’ there. Neither is there a ‘me’ or ‘us’ – just the balance of the world. What is right and what is wrong? What is right is that what is wrong and right are to be weighed out evenly so that the world keeps its force of stability.”

“What many fail to see is that Gods do not exist to protect just us, for what I believe is that the Gods protect the pillars that keep the world standing. Whether that is our civilization, nature, or that which we cannot see – The Gods protect balance. And whether keeping balance meets the good or the evil in our own judgmental minds it is not always as relevant as we think. For our eyes are more often clouded than clear, fogged by either arrogance or stupidity. For we see what we see, but not what we don't see – and yet somehow it is our nature to pretend we do.

But his question, flawed as it had started, had developed into one the disciple now thought he had meant to ask. Why do I have faith? So after a little silence in which the fires that lit up the underground rotunda crackled and creaked, she decided on the shortest, most relevant, and for him perhaps most understandable, version of an answer.

“I have faith in the balance that the Gods uphold and I have faith that they make the sacrifices needed when the time comes. Because I would certainly not want to be the one to make them.”

From the pond that had served as her looking-glass while her thoughts had meddled in her head the mare’s gaze finally looked up. Even through the stillness of the chamber, she could almost hear her own mind still thinking. She wondered in the quiet if he even knew, how many times she had been asked the same question – and if he could realize and understand why she never really gave the same answer.

But then that playful smile returned from behind the veil of thoughts.
“Why do you not have faith?”

@[Mesec]
Notes: * FORGIVES * - don't mind the table-change xD

Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-01-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-04-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-07-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-11-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-14-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Mesec - 03-25-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Meteorites and falling skies - by Maren - 03-26-2015, 11:44 AM