the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

In all honesty, Zikar-Sin didn’t really remember when the large cat had been admitted to their icy halls. He was certain that it wasn’t the first time that a non-unicorn (or even a non-equine creature!) was allowed into their hidden troves; distinctly he could recall the faint rattle of scales and snake-breath whispering in the corridors of his mind. And now, as he gazed upon a rather magnificent creature bearing the scent of snow and auroras, the disappointment he felt was not centered in the tiger’s allowance in their lofty reaches—but for the fact of her camaraderie, which, of course, rendered her pelt positively out-of-bounds. Which would have been absolutely lovely, really, hanging on the walls of his cove.

No matter; he has lived without a tiger pelt before, and he will continue to do so. With a delicate sigh, Zikar-Sin made his way towards the supposed comrade, this venture south certainly a rare one for the reclusive stallion. It had been many moons since he had voluntarily left the northern reaches of Helovia; it had been years, as a matter of absolute fact. There was nothing down in these scorching emerald forests that enticed him enough to forgo the safety and glorious solitude that everlasting blizzards offered—although, he supposed, it was only a matter of time and duty for him to venture at least…once?…in a while, to be sure.

And how fortuitous this venture had turned out to be, indeed!

“Forgive me, Tiger of the Basin,” he said politely, his words flowing and lilting from his tongue with a grace and civility that was conspicuously lacking in the madness of his ever-staring gaze, “I do not believe I’ve learned your name?” His gaze swept from the brilliant, black-striped pelt and onto two, tiny brown bodies that caught the Haruspex’s eye with far greater interest: fillies! Sin’s smile became wide and warm, his eyes widening with a true spark of insane affection—especially when he caught sight of the sharp little horns that budded from their foreheads! Oh! How grand indeed!

Hello, children!” he sighed with a flutter; he was not able to see one of them too well, for she was immersed in the shadow of her apparent twin—yet three horns were clearly visible, poking from her head. “My, but where have you left your mothers?” The question left him in a rush of concern, ever worried as he was for the youth of the land—horned or not.

@[Tora]
@[Himitsu]
@[Saffron]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM