the Rift

Las Vegas Past

Tora Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tora
all the pretty stars shine for you my love

I listen, half amused to the ever so evident frustration that had crept into my sister's voice as our beautiful, strange language joins the song of the birds once again. Maybe I should have followed the slightly smaller filly's reasoning and been slightly fearful of the black and orange predator before us, but why would goddesses such as ourselves be fearful of those beneath us? If anything the cat, Saffron, should be pleased we hadn't magicked her into some kind of fancy rug that would keep our hooves from soiling on the dusty world we seemed to have fallen into. The warmth of the sun's vicious rays somehow managed to sneak in through the emerald leaves that sprouted happily from the tree boughs, causing even the lush ground we stood upon now to crack slightly under the weight of my cloven hooves. My attention was only brought back to the reality we thrived in as the beautiful melody was set loose into the dry world around us once again.
"Baho sa iro, Saffron, segur que ets nekoda?" Inwardly I was rolling around on the cracked soil like some crazed child at Itsu's words. A feline that smelled like a dog, fitting, such a shame that she couldn't join in on our jokes and the exuberant glee that filled our small frames. Something clicked though, slightly glad the predator couldn't understand our musical words for surely we would have to get out the threshold just as quickly as we had entered or fear being picked from between the feline's canine (how amusing) teeth later on. A shiver passed over my tri-colored pelt once my introduction had slipped from sooted kissers, knowing that I would likely be scolded later by the wonderfully untrusting Itsu later for offering Saffron my name as easily as I had. But I knew one day all of Helovia would be praising my name, so what did it matter if a flea ridden cat knew it? It seemed that the fates had a different plan, keeping the scolding for a much later date as another creature made it's presence known to our intimate get together.
“Forgive me, Tiger of the Basin, I do not believe I’ve learned your name?” Warm amber eyes moved curiously away from the striped cat and rather focused on the new point of interest. His coat was the shade of the darkest midnight, or like the inside of your eyelids on a starless night while his mane and tail shone with the brightness of the moon. What an interesting creature he was, and oh, the horn that sprouted from his forehead. Finally my soul was at peace knowing that we were not the only of the divines to be found in this wretched place. "Quin aspecte té ?" My twin whispers into my ear, curious as to the stallion's appearance as words were exchanged between the two different species. "Hoshi no nai yoru no sora no yō ni. Shikashi, akarui tsuki to watashi ga imamade kare no kami to mi rarete iru yori mo." Invisible brows furrowed as I spoke to my sister in our secret tongue, mildly disappointed that my poetic verse turned out longer than I had planned and likely drew the duo's attention back to us once again. “Hello, children! My, but where have you left your mothers?” An invisible brow arched as a small, sad smile tugged at the left corner of my sooty kissers at the thought of our mother's mauled body on the ground. No longer our mother, rather a bag of bone and whatever flesh the savage creatures had left on them. Dead the word wanted so badly to fall into the air, a simple answer to such a complicated question. Did he truly want to know where her body had been left to be ravaged by the vultures and other beggars of the world? Or merely why she was not by the side of her two small children? Luckily for the lot of us, Himitsu decided it would be a good time for her voice to be heard and in her own creative way she spoke of the loss of our mother to the parasites of the world. A sneer tugged at the back of my mind but not quite making it to my darkened features as I leaned my weight in closer to my sister hoping our shoulders would match up pleasantly.
"We are from the Aurora Basin, where you shall find the unicorns you seek. We will take you there if you like." Dark rimmed ears flick forward as my attention is turned back to the big cat, a lick of hope creeping into my frame as I realized that this strange animal was allied with the strange stallion who stood near her. Clearing my throat with a small cough I stood straighter, ambers locking in on Saffron as words that could be understood by all were torn from my vocal chords into the oddly still air. "Is this Basin the lands we had heard tales of?" I questioned, looking between the stallion and the cat in hopes that they weren't leading us into a trap. If that were the case, we were the best option. Who would miss orphaned goddesses from a land far away?

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Zikar-Sin]
Words;; 884
Notes;; This thread has me so excited xD
Translation;; Hoshi no nai yoru no sora no yō ni. Shikashi, akarui tsuki to watashi ga imamade kare no kami to mi rarete iru yori mo. - Like the sky on a starless night. But with a brighter moon than I have ever seen as his hair.

Credits: Image by tad 20D @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Zikar-Sin - 03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Himitsu - 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Saffron - 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Las Vegas Past - by Tora - 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM