the Rift

[OPEN] No more PMS [welcoming]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Our numbers blossom beneath the radiant glow of Tallsun. Tis all thanks to the loyal folk who reside among our thunder, they alone are the glue that maintains this fragile framework, their throbbing hearts hold this whole operation together. Them...and endless hours of repetitive patrolling. I'd taken the wee moments of dawn to fly to the farthest corner of these lands; almost passing over to the northern beach itself. Ahead and still far beyond view, those foamy waters churn with distant darkness storming; a violet mist rises above the navy and below the black. Fina had passed an hour ago, she now soared high above yon violent surf, her amber feathers always tempting the eye to watch. Both predator pools are trained for the possibility of sea prey.

After ensuring the border was well guarded, I willingly turn back. Morning had lapsed into early afternoon, and by the time my slow progress had made it though the western border our noon gem had climbed high and hot. Sweat crawled a windblown path slowly between insulating downy feathers that reside upon my nape; those beady droplets travel across both shoulders and pool beneath my belly, the effect stains my fur with salt.

_______

By happens chance I arrive at the southern tip just in time to see a small gathering talking near the most used entrance of our home. Neve chirps and lifts her crown from the soft fold of one wing. Sleepy orbs widen, delighted to see her latest playmate among them. Zahra. She launches from my spine, adolescent speed becoming more aggressive with each passing day. Africa and our babe stand near Rostislav, and all three are circled around a fresh face. It wasn't curiosity for this addition as much as a strong desire to visit with my family that set these ivory pinions to slow their heavy song.

I coast in from above, patched limbs extend in preparation for a practiced landing. A noticeable trail of gold splashes like a beached wave across the flora as these toes come in contact with the fragile blades and leaves. Once settled my feathers smoothly draw themselves in until both are folded into their humid sheath. Beads of sweat chase the jutting line of each cheek. A worn, but effortlessly coltish smile drifts higher as this heated frame boldly slips closer; gently, the base of my chin fondly bumps against the womanly curve of one silvery hip. Tracing, teasing the velvet fur with the musk of heavy breath.

Gilden orbs drift to Zahra with amused delight melting their center; lastly our company draws attention as the warmth in my chest fades to one of more appropriate measure, "Legatus," crown nods sharply against my chest. (A soldiers salute he'd seen many a time before.) To the stranger in our mist I incline my head, studying but offering him a polite grin, "A recruit?"

MIDAS

Word count: 484
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
No more PMS [welcoming] - by Rostislav - 03-02-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Thranduil - 03-03-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Africa - 03-03-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Rostislav - 03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Midas - 03-10-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Thranduil - 03-20-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: No more PMS [welcoming] - by Rostislav - 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM