the Rift

[PRIVATE] Poker Face

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm surprised that she doesn't react gruffly as so many Basiners tend to do (from my limited experience). She is polite and respectful, even kind, toward Damaris, which is quite rare even among those I might consider 'friends'. And when she answers my question, she seems to even consider it and instead of responding defensively, she gives a plausible if somewhat dismissive answer. I feel myself relax a little more, inclined to be open to the possibilities of the conversation.

'A long day.' Sure, she's given me any old answer, but who am I to judge? I am sure that I am just as jaded as the next, and I don't think I would be willing to provide a detailed history nor explanation to any old stranger, either. I watch in a moment of silence as she glances up at the cavern ceiling, then back to me. We're closer than I had imagined we would be - physically, that is. Uncomfortably close, perhaps, but at the moment I find being out of my comfort zone to be rather thrilling. Because I'm not trying to fuck this woman as I once might have (when did that change?): no seduction, no foreplay, no conniving. Just... close. It's a tension that makes me want to put that safe distance between us. She is a stranger.

But I don't. Instead, I answer her question. "Escape." The word is almost like a whisper as it passes my velvet lips. I wonder - should I go into more depth? At first I think not - let my answer be as mysterious as our surroundings. But I can't help myself and I let more slip. "Duties, new recruits. Social obligations." There, that should be enough to explain why I seek the solace of nothing. Sialia is not nothing. She is not the escape I had planned for. But I find that despite her not meeting the requirements of my outing, she has not yet breached into something unwelcome.

WC: 328
Tag: @[Sialia]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Poker Face - by Sialia - 03-03-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Poker Face - by Sialia - 03-06-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Poker Face - by Rostislav - 03-07-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Poker Face - by Sialia - 03-08-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Poker Face - by Rostislav - 03-08-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Poker Face - by Sialia - 03-09-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Poker Face - by Rostislav - 03-10-2015, 11:15 AM