Stallion :: Equine :: ::
C
O
U
G
A
R

She's starving.

Hunger claws at her, turning her manic, turning her desperate. It makes her crazed, makes her dangerous. The sun baked into her skin, meddled and messed with her mind until she was prowling through Helovia with claws half-extended the entire time. The cougar was a silent beast, one that was supposed to be feared, hated. She used to be that story that mares told their foals in the night, but in Helovia she was nothing. Were she of higher intellect, the beast would have been offended. Instead, she found herself longing for bigger game. For the foals and their sweet, tender meat. A meal she could feast on, one she wouldn't have to abandon when her stomach was bulging because the carcass was too big.

So she began her hunt.

Craziness made her careful rather than reckless. She stalked the filly for days, waiting for the return of her mother, whose sporadic appearances only made the filly a prime target. The predator waited until she was alone, her wandering finally given purpose. Her hunt was finally coming to a close.

The scent of the youngling was thick and beautiful in her sensitive nose. Her mouth salivated, her stomach clenched painfully, and she hungered. Until finally, she couldn't take it anymore. Blind to the rest of her surroundings, she jumped silently to the tree beside the one she'd been roosting in, and from her vocals came a deep thrumming growl. A warning. Fear made them taste all the sweeter, and she missed the primal days when she used to be something worth fearing.

The pale-faced filly was in her sights, and the cougar leapt from the precipice, claws and arms extended towards the youth as she yowled. She could already taste her triumph.

@[Nymeria]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
blood on my tongue - by NPC - 03-03-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: blood on my tongue - by Hotaru - 03-18-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: blood on my tongue - by Hotaru - 05-07-2015, 10:25 PM