the Rift

[PRIVATE] blood on my tongue

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Pain echoed and throbbed like beating drums across her neck, deep into the sinew and muscle that lay beneath her beautiful rosen hide. Her breaths came to her in powerful gushes, sweeping in to clear her lungs of the remnants of her battle cries, taking them out across her tongue that tasted the errant drops of fresh blood. Hot, as if attempting to scald her taste bloods which only rightfully longed for more. Heart pounded against her chest, beating valiantly, violently against her ribs. Seeking escape, domination, the rush of adrenaline that had brought her such sweet victory. Surely it could be achieved a thousand more times, in far more creative, ferociously bloody ways.

The girl's screams still resonated in her head, unpleasant in contrast to those of the cougar's dying noises. A child. Her child, she thought briefly, consumed by instinctual behavior. It could have been Arya, it could have been Raeru or Mirabella. Teeth creased against the folds of her delicate lips, eyes narrowing fox-like, predatory upon the hot carcass at her hooves. Blood dripped into her eyes, coated her entire face from where her horn had delivered the killing blow. Hotaru didn't so much as blink, letting it cascade and drip in odd contrast and various patterns down the delicately beautiful lines of her face. She wanted to kill it all over again, summon its spirit back to make it suffer more with the image of her daughters fresh in her head.

Speaking of the child, Hotaru turned her bloodied crown towards the daughter of night, the unholy offspring of Nyx and Enyo. It chilled her to see the child tentatively slide one lid open, terrified and drowned, laced, in her own blood - all in the face of one of Hotaru's most hated enemies. Arya's words calmed her instinctive distaste, and for the sake of her daughter's friend and the youth that she clearly was, the princess let her words slide soft and unobtrusive across her tongue. The babe had experienced hell in the blink of a moment, brashness and coarse tone would not do her any favors with the nightmarish evenings she was sure to face in the future.

Briefly, her heart thirsted further for Confutatis' blood. How could she leave her child alone to wander, unprotected? Arya was hardly ever wandering without young Alice at her side, or Deodat's bitch similarly at her heels. Raeru's age had her even closer to Hotaru's flank most days. And though it could have happened to any foal of the wilds, the fact that a mare would not at least drop her kin to the doorstep of a herd was despicable to Hotaru. The she-wolf had forbid Tingal from even contemplating putting his seed in her until they were encapsulated in a herd's borders. For the very evidence that lay before her worried eyes and crinkled brow.

Alice came to heel as words finally left the filly's mouth. A name Hotaru had already guessed by courtesy of her daughter, a singular syllable that was the plainest lie Hotaru had ever heard. She tutted softly, not real disappointment but a light disapproval coating the sound fondly. "There is no shame in being injured, my dear. I am as well, see?" Long neck arched, displaying ragged ribbons of clawmarks, a burial ground tribute to the dead cougar. "Let me aid you, my aunt was once a medic. Perhaps you could send your dragon to look for herbs with my hellhound? I will need as much as we can carry for the both of us." It would not do for the babe to scar before she could even face her second cycle of seasons.

Stepping a little closer, the she-wolf kept well enough distance, not wanting to scare off the child while she was injured and smelling tastiest to any other predators. "Would you like to move?" she offered quietly, not knowing if the body so near would further disturb Nymeria, if the blood and memory was too thick and close for her to stand.

@[Nymeria] ohgodsorryforthewait

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
blood on my tongue - by NPC - 03-03-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: blood on my tongue - by Hotaru - 03-18-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: blood on my tongue - by Hotaru - 05-07-2015, 10:25 PM