the Rift

Trinket Contest [closed]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

CONTEST OMG.

SO. Ghost is both the bane and joy of my writing life, whilst I love her simplicity atm I've always wanted to add something to her design. She was totally random made by the lovely admin of that era (oldies ;D) in a foal stats die roll and I haven't added a thing to her since. She's just raw genetics. xD I've been trying for ages to come up with something and all the add ons I've made either aren't that appealing or, most of the time, just look too 'girly' for her lol

In the end I've thrown in the towel and now on my knees before you guys with a contest :D A "Trinket Contest" where I'm requesting you to design Ghost a series of items/a single big item/maybe extra markings etc...

Things I'd Like or I've Considered.

- Try to keep it simple! I don't think she'd be the kind to clutter herself with stuff. I imagine most things she has or steals would be hidden somewhere, but not on her person.

- I like monochrome things. Her coat colours consist of black/white/red. So you can always work with that ^^

- I've tried things like crowns or headpieces but they've always looked too feminine on her, but if you can think of something more fitting that's totally fine!

- Rough material, small weapons (daggers/knives/needles etc...) OR

- Minimal armour. Now Ghost is skinny and slight, she likes to be agile and not make too much noise. So armour in general is a hard area for her although I would desire to find some. It wouldn't cover her whole body, be light for her to carry and maybe black/silver in colour. Though you're welcome to try other things.

- A single small marking. Which can be of white or black or blue colour.

*** You can do one thing or a combination of the list above. Up to you ^^ ***

Themes.

- Thieves/Spies. I've looked at countless outfits regarding this area, but you might find something inspirational I suppose xD

- She's partly based off Etain from Centurian.

- French origin. Like all of d'Artagnans family. So I suppose you could look at the Normans or the French Renaissance etc...

- Ghoulish. Though I am writing her away from this persona as she develops.

*** You don't have to use these themes. I personally find it easier to look at something already existing and then build around it, but if you prefer to do something completely original that is fine! ***

Prizes.

-- Chosen winner gets one full manipulation from me of any character.(Art Page)

-- and 1000 dA Points.

-- Everyone who enters will get something be it headshot art/sketches/points or tables, it really depends on how many people enter and how much time I have. But I will give everyone who enters a gift for your hard work and ideas!

Notes.

-- Make sure if you use lineart that it can be used off dA! :D

-- Feel free to make your own lineart if you prefer.

-- I'm not judging your drawing ability (lol have you seen my drawing skills?! XD), I just want the concepts/ideas. Your brains I just want your brains okaaay >___>

Deadline for Contest.

4th April 2015 @ 12 noon BST (British Summer Time).
1 month starting now! :D
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Trinket Contest [closed] - by Ghost - 03-04-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Trinket Contest. - by Archibald - 03-04-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Trinket Contest. - by Odd - 03-04-2015, 10:37 AM