the Rift

Chasing The Wind[Questing]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

We land in the Heavenly Fields, me with anxious anticipation and Azeeza with joy. Her wings have grown strong, dark blue-black primaries sticking out of wings still covered in chick fluff, with patches of juvenile feathers here and there. It was time; I had left Gaucho shortly after we departed the Edge, and had taken my time in coming here.

And now I stand, the wind curling around me, gusting gently, playfully. I greet her with closed eyes, feeling my anxiety melt away. The wind... it was my guide, my playmate, eternal and elusive... and I had to capture her. That was wrong, and I open my eyes, gazing at the Fields. Could I do this? Bind the element I was born and devoted to, into a power for my own use? Hindsight 20/20, perhaps I should have considered the consequences of the power I desired.

But I was here now, given a mission by the Sun god to capture the wind.

"Forgive me love... Allow me this selfishness." I breathed, closing my eyes. I was torn, and before I could talk myself out of this I leap into the air, wings hurtling me into the sky. High I fly, bidding Azeeza to not follow, and she accepts my wish and remains in a tree, watching me rise.

Higher and higher I go, until the air is almost too thin to carry me, until my breath frosts and my lungs labor to drag enough air into my body. There I hover, eyes closed, regret in my chest for what I am about to try to do. I plead to my friend, to the air, for forgiveness before I turn my head, rummaging around in my satchel for the vial I had discovered, confident the seal inside of it would keep the air in. I didn't know if it would be enough to satisfy the God, or if it would even work... but I had to try.

Vial open, in my mouth, I steel my resolve before folding my wings, hanging in the air for a scarce fraction of a second before I plummet. My wings unfurl a bit, feeling the air currents as I shoot past, searching for the right current.

There!

I twist, wings snapping out to slip into the air current, unable to help the faint laugh in my chest at the acrobatics, the joy of flight always soothing my fears.

Settled into the current, I prepare the vial's stopper, excitement growing within my limbs.

Let the chase begin.

@[Random Event]

Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image :: Table

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Chasing The Wind[Questing] - by Bucephalus - 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Chasing The Wind[Questing] - by Random Event - 03-04-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Chasing The Wind[Questing] - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Chasing The Wind[Questing] - by Bucephalus - 03-08-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Chasing The Wind[Questing] - by Isopia - 03-11-2015, 01:27 PM